CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Laptop has an i7 8750h, a full-size GTX 1060 6gb, and HM370 chipset. Does not have integrated graphics, only the discrete card. Would love to get a spare SSD and run this machine as a hackintosh laptop if my macbook were to ever conk out on me (I need a mobile machine that runs os x for logic pro X).

Laptop has an i7 8750h, a full-size GTX 1060 6gb, and HM370 chipset. Does not have integrated graphics, only the discrete card. Would love to get a spare SSD and run this machine as a hackintosh laptop if my macbook were to ever conk out on me (I need a mobile machine that runs os x for logic pro X).
High Sierra will probably work on it

High Sierra will probably work on it

I'm pretty sure that the latest version of logic X runs on that so I should be good to go. I'll have to snag an ssd and get to experimenting

Reviving this as I'm finally giving it a shot. Having a hard time getting the TouchPad working. Also remember reading Intel wifi is a no go, so unless that's changed I won't ask for help about that.

Once the touchpad is going, I'll be in business. Anyone have any tips? Struggling over here, seems like the only way to do this is with voodooI2C and everything about this kext looks like Greek to me

Last edited:
Reviving this as I'm finally giving it a shot. Having a hard time getting the TouchPad working. Also remember reading Intel wifi is a no go, so unless that's changed I won't ask for help about that.

Once the touchpad is going, I'll be in business. Anyone have any tips? Struggling over here, seems like the only way to do this is with voodooI2C and everything about this kext looks like Greek to me

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

you probably have an I2C touchpad:

Filled out the profile

I'll do some reading and see if there's something that I can grasp and figure out. When it comes to code and patching my DSDT, I have not a single clue what i'm doing and all signs seem to point in that direction

I'll do some reading and see if there's something that I can grasp and figure out. When it comes to code and patching my DSDT, I have not a single clue what i'm doing and all signs seem to point in that direction
start off with a clean DSDT:

and patch accordingly if needs be

if you get stuck then you will need to upload your problem reporting files
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

and maybe @ben9923 may be able to help you out

Can u send me ur working EFI ? I have a Asus Rog GL703... I Need this EFI for my computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back