CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
There is an alternative guide for Sierra that is very easy and I can confirm works. No sleep though, as it's broadwell but other than that is ok.

Hi guys,

I would like to ask if my hardware config actually allows for installing OS X. I followed all the instructions in this guide to the letter and I am getting stuck at the screen attached. I just want to confirm if this is something I am doing wrong or my system is incompatible.

The gear:

Asus V Rampage Extreme
Intel i7 6950X
2x GTX1080
64GB Ram

Any information would be much appreciated!

M

View attachment 249902
re

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M-ITX/AC
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU
Intel i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Thank you morganb, I will give it a go today!

Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU
Intel i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Hi again morganb, I did have a go at following the guide you kindly shared. The only step I needed to bypass were these BIOS settings as Rampage V Extreme doesn't seem to have them:

go to Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\
a) SPDIF Out Type: "HDMI"
b) PCIEX16_2 Slot Bandwidth: "Auto"
c) Serial Port: "Off"

Unfortunately when trying to install Sierra I am again stuck at the screen attached. I had no luck with either Yosemite, ElCapitan and now Sierra... I am slowly starting to lose hope :(((

Attachments

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M-ITX/AC
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi again morganb, I did have a go at following the guide you kindly shared. The only step I needed to bypass were these BIOS settings as Rampage V Extreme doesn't seem to have them:

go to Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\
a) SPDIF Out Type: "HDMI"
b) PCIEX16_2 Slot Bandwidth: "Auto"
c) Serial Port: "Off"

Unfortunately when trying to install Sierra I am again stuck at the screen attached. I had no luck with either Yosemite, ElCapitan and now Sierra... I am slowly starting to lose hope :(((
Best ask in the appropriate thread then... those authors will be able to help you. I also bypassed those bios settings too as I have the same MB.

Your doing something wrong. Go back, double check. If no good, ask in that thread, not here.

Good luck.

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M-ITX/AC
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
@Xavi16 Hi there, I can't find BrcmFirmwareData.kext in your tools folder, Im already running Sierra and Im hoping that this might help me...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Xavi16 hi guys. sorry or my silly question but why not create a ssdt patch instead of dsdt patch?
I saw that Asus put a lot of updated bios version and maybe the original dsdt of the first thread could not be ok.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU
Intel i7 5820k
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti Strix GDDR5
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, eMac, iMac, Lisa, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok. I started another build with the same specs of my other HACKINTOSH but I can't figure out what I did to fix this problem. Any advice would be appreciated. It's installing El Capitan.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU
Graphics
980ti
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi
I have this installed and working well but I tried to upgrade to High Sierra and it was a disaster. Has anyone successfully upgraded their Rampage V from El Capitan (this install) to High Sierra?

I am not really knowledgeable, but can follow a step by step as long as it is all spelled out.

I'd love to upgrade but I am just having no luck