Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Guide: Create your DSDT in 5 min using MacIASL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search

Search for my build and grab the acpi files. The guide may be outdated for Sierra but the acpi files give you all the functionality of DSDT edits without needing a DSDT.

Thank you for your prompt reply shilohh! I will give it a try with the acpi files and will report back with my results.

Search

Search for my build and grab the acpi files. The guide may be outdated for Sierra but the acpi files give you all the functionality of DSDT edits without needing a DSDT.

Hi shilohh, so I downloaded your ASUS R4E build folder and grabbed the corresponding ACPI files and the config.plist and used them in my EFI folder but unfortunately no luck. USB is still not working at the High Sierra Login window, making it impossible to login.

Now, I am wondering if I would create my own DSDT.aml under OS X 10.10.4, would I be able to use that and put that into the EFI/ACPI/patched folder on my High Sierra SSD? Would it make any sense?

Hi shilohh, so I downloaded your ASUS R4E build folder and grabbed the corresponding ACPI files and the config.plist and used them in my EFI folder but unfortunately no luck. USB is still not working at the High Sierra Login window, making it impossible to login.

Now, I am wondering if I would create my own DSDT.aml under OS X 10.10.4, would I be able to use that and put that into the EFI/ACPI/patched folder on my High Sierra SSD? Would it make any sense?
Try following the build guide in conjunction with any info you can find about high Sierra and maybe add necessary files for that. Id say get rid of all kexts you are using except for ones from the guide. Stick to the clover drivers from the guide too with the exception of apfs, maybe. The USB related kexts may be interfering with my acpi files so steer clear of all usb2 related kexts and injectors.

Try following the build guide in conjunction with any info you can find about high Sierra and maybe add necessary files for that. Id say get rid of all kexts you are using except for ones from the guide. Stick to the clover drivers from the guide too with the exception of apfs, maybe. The USB related kexts may be interfering with my acpi files so steer clear of all usb2 related kexts and injectors.

Thank you for the advice and I am sure I will do more testing as I want to understand this more. So, presently I now have a working High Sierra ASUS R4E. o1ie has the same MoBo ASUS R4E and same CPU i7 3930K and he sent me his EFI folder. Since he upgraded his machine from Sierra to High Sierra his partition is still HFSPlus and not APFS so I just put an apfs.efi driver into EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder and the machine has booted and this time I was able to log in since now the USB was operational.
There was no audio but after installing the Lilu.kext and the AppleALC.kext into the EFI Kexts folder Audio became operational as well. I looked into the ACPI folder and there I have found 4 SSDT.aml files in the patched folder. I haven’t had time to look into them in more detail but it might be actually yours. I will do further testing with some other kexts and see but I will definitely save this working EFI for now.

So, as of now I have a working High Sierra ASUS R4E i7 3930K with Audio and even the sensors are working properly plus it is OC to 4000MHz with around 20000 with GeekBench. The only problem I have is in the Finder occasionally the file name after selecting a file blanks out but when I deselect it and reselect it again it is ok. It happens occasionally though. I am sure it has to do something with my GTX 770 2GB video card.

Anyways here is the thread from where o1ie shared his EFI folder: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-r4e-high-sierra.255517/

I can’t thank him enough. :)

Attached pictures of my present EFI kexts and refi drivers:

kexts in EFI folder.png
EFI drivers.png

hey shilohh,
followed your guide when I had a RP4E..it died on me so I'm using a replacement board Unbrandedx79 type similar specs,
having trouble creating SSDT like used to get usb2 ports working.I'm running MOJAVE now runs super fast ,all USB ports working 2.0,3.0 versions using injectALL.kext along with GenericUSBXHCI.to get all working perfectly.

~So Here is the issue: I cant get system to shutdown, it will almost shutdown then bootback up.
I tried various "shutdown"patches ver2, in DSDT,Clover,ect to no avail.
I was hoping you could take a look at my files and help zero in on issue .
AmericanmegaTrend bios, has xcci,ehci handoff,EHCI,1and2,Bios settings are confusing there are so many choices,I try to keep optimal defaults.ACPI: are auto or disable,custom.I'm overclocking at 4.3 per core ,using your app to extract SSDT which working great un edited, here are my files .

cheers !
Dron4Zone

Attachments

• info.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 88
  • SSDT.aml.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 104
  • DSDT.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back