Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Guide: Create your DSDT in 5 min using MacIASL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shilohh Hello , many thanks for the help you gave me. I need your help again if you do not mind , I 've tried but I can not . I mean, I've bought a nvidia gtx 970 g1 gaming and I sold since 7970. I have the nvidia in the same slot that had the ati . Could you give me a hand to get the audio hdmi my new graphics . I would like to do with SSDT - 1.aml . Thank you so much in advance shilohh .

Attachments

• Mac Pro de Albert.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 258
Shilohh Hello , many thanks for the help you gave me. I need your help again if you do not mind , I 've tried but I can not . I mean, I've bought a nvidia gtx 970 g1 gaming and I sold since 7970. I have the nvidia in the same slot that had the ati . Could you give me a hand to get the audio hdmi my new graphics . I would like to do with SSDT - 1.aml . Thank you so much in advance shilohh .
Sorry, I just saw this post. I don't have a similar maxwell card to test with so I'd need you to save me 1 ioreg for every output. IE: Plug a monitor into the first output then save ioreg and label as #1 + type of out. Then unplug the monitor from out 1 and plug it into out 2 and save ioreg labeling it out 2 with the type of output it is. ect ect ect... I would need a ioreg from each and every output and every type at that so you may need to borrow a monitor/s that have display port / DVI inputs to get them all. If you'll post them, I'll give it a try but I may not be able to figure it out.

Hi Shilohh.
Thank you for all these informations, i almost succed to make a great installation.

I have an issue about this part, the only probleme is that i don't find the "/extra" folder, i have nothing in my computer on that name ( i tried to find "chameleon" but no luck either )

I did the chameleon part once again to see if it is creating this folder but nothing new.

my build looks to work really well, the only "mistake" i could have done during the installation process ( i followed your tutorial ) is that my computer had to reboot after i installed nvidia web driver, i don't know if it is a bad thing.
Anyway, it changed some stuff in my system.

For exemple, on my boot driver, i have a folder named "EFI-Backups" (which is empty...).
I am pretty sur that it wasn't there before, and still no "/extra" folder.

Can i do the DSDT without havig to go to this file?
Is it bad if i don't have the "extra" folder?
Can i hide it back ( if it exist ) like the application you gave us to mount the EFI partition?

If someone can help me there it would be awesome.
Thanks!

Anyone?

I created a folder names "Extra" on the bootdrive and puted my DSDT.aml inside.
I did also a org.chameleon.Boot.plist because multibeast needed it to install the driver for the sound of my mobo ( that is not working...) => the org.chameleon.Boot.plist is empty, when i open it in textedit, nothing is there, what did i do wrong?

Another question, how can we know that our hackintosh works good and that everything is where it should be?
I finished your installation, it looks like it working really good ( i have internet and the system is fast ) but i am a perfectionist who wants to keep his build for a long time so i want to know :)

thanks for the answers

Sorry I haven't had time to stay active in the community lately. Not sure if the files will work with your p9x79 but you can try the acpi files from my R4E build guide.

Hi shilohh and others, this is my very first post here. I am trying to build a High Sierra ASUS R4E with BIOS version 4901, i7 3930k and GTX 770. OS X 10.13.4 is already installed and the machine boots, however when the boot process reaches the login window I can't do anything as none of the USB is working thus no keyboard input nor mouse input is happening even though I have the latest kexts in the EFI/Clover/kexts/ but still no USB input is working at login window. I was searching the net for this specific setup but I was not able to find anything with High Sierra. I was able to build another machine with Coffee Lake CPU i7 8700K and Gigabyte H370 HD3 motherboard and all is fine with that machine but I am having a tough time with this ASUS R4E. Any help would be really appreciated as I am trying to build a Hackintosh to produce music.

Another thing is that with the same hardware setup my OS X 10.10.4 installed is working perfectly but the reason I want to make this Hackintosh running under High Sierra is that the latest Digital Audio Workstations are only compatible with this version of OS X.

I made a patched DSDT.aml inder OSX 10.10.4 according to shilohh very nice instructions and put the it into the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. If this DSDT.aml is already in that folder I do not need to have the usual boot arguments anymore, like ncpi=0x2000 and Dev-Kext-Mode=1, right? I hope I understand it correctly. Also would this very same DSDT work under OS X 10.13 or since it was complied under OS X 10.10 it would not work under High Sierra on the same computer?

Thank you ahead for any help.

I attached two pictures showing a list of kext extensions presently in EFI/CLOVER/ and the list of .efi drivers in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. I know many of those might not be needed but I just wanted to make sure everything is there.
Is it possible that some of those are conflicting with each other?

extension used.png
efi drivers used.png

Sincerely,

soundspace

Last edited:
Search
Hi shilohh and others, this is my very first post here. I am trying to build a High Sierra ASUS R4E with BIOS version 4901, i7 3930k and GTX 770. OS X 10.13.4 is already installed and the machine boots, however when the boot process reaches the login window I can't do anything as none of the USB is working thus no keyboard input nor mouse input is happening even though I have the latest kexts in the EFI/Clover/kexts/ but still no USB input is working at login window. I was searching the net for this specific setup but I was not able to find anything with High Sierra. I was able to build another machine with Coffee Lake CPU i7 8700K and Gigabyte H370 HD3 motherboard and all is fine with that machine but I am having a tough time with this ASUS R4E. Any help would be really appreciated as I am trying to build a Hackintosh to produce music.

Another thing is that with the same hardware setup my OS X 10.10.4 installed is working perfectly but the reason I want to make this Hackintosh running under High Sierra is that the latest Digital Audio Workstations are only compatible with this version of OS X.

I made a patched DSDT.aml inder OSX 10.10.4 according to shilohh very nice instructions and put the it into the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. If this DSDT.aml is already in that folder I do not need to have the usual boot arguments anymore, like ncpi=0x2000 and Dev-Kext-Mode=1, right? I hope I understand it correctly. Also would this very same DSDT work under OS X 10.13 or since it was complied under OS X 10.10 it would not work under High Sierra on the same computer?

Thank you ahead for any help.

I attached two pictures showing a list of kext extensions presently in EFI/CLOVER/ and the list of .efi drivers in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. I know many of those might not be needed but I just wanted to make sure everything is there.
Is it possible that some of those are conflicting with each other?

View attachment 342449 View attachment 342448

Sincerely,

soundspace
Search for my build and grab the acpi files. The guide may be outdated for Sierra but the acpi files give you all the functionality of DSDT edits without needing a DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back