Contribute
Register

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to make it detect more than 14 channels? My 5GHz line is 48 and won't go lower.

Also; Could you please post your IObluetooth kext?

Hey Necox,

Did you get up and running with a patched kernel?

I'm wired throughout the house, and having wifi running is purely aesthetical.

I'm not working on any solutions on my machine until 10.9.2, though I'll be looking at opening up for full AC support in the future :)

I'm not at home at the moment, but will try post iobluetooth kext soon.

Let me know if you find out anything.

Hi Arctix,
The 10.9.2 just came out. While I have updated my hack to it, it still freezes while working with apps like xcode and preview. Can you please point me to a guide you have used to install osx on your machine? If links are not allowed in private messaging, would you be so kind to outline one here?
I think my GPU might be the culprit here. I would go with GTX770 but I want to have a fresh install before that as you said the kernel with 10.9.2 would not require any patching when working with Ivy Bridge E.

Hello RIVBE owners!

I've recently joined to the RIVBE owner's club. My machine has OS X 10.9.3 beta and I'm absolutely happy except only one issue: Sleep works perfectly while Wake up does not.

My rig is described below.

------------------------------------------------------
I7-4930K
RIVBE
G.SKILL PC3-19200 CL10 TRIDENT TX 8Gx2
Sapphire R9 280x TOXIC D5 3GB
Corsair professional series AX860 80PLUS Platinum
NZXT Kraken X60
------------------------------------------------------

I use clover bootloader v2652

Tools and guides I've been through:

[Power management]
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/127574-guide-asus-x79-os-x-controlled-speedstep.html

[Bluetooth]
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/

[Audio]
https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

[Kexts in clover EFI folder]
AppleIntelE1000e.kext, FakeSMC.kext with four plugins, GenericUSBXHCI.kext, RealtekALC1150.kext

I'll describe the issue I'm facing.

Every devices work fine: CPU PM, Wi-fi, R9 280x just works out of box, Audio fine with alc1150, wired or wireless lan good, built-in bluetooth excellent, etc. Even sleep goes gracefully! But the only thing which doesn't work is waking up from sleep. I've searched a lot and there are various symptoms regarding waking up but none of them is what I have at the moment.

After my pc goes sleep, I try to wake it up via a power button or bluetooth devices or mice or keyboards. Then it actually 'powers on' but after about 5 seconds, with screen still not shown, it just 'power off' itself. Then it 'powers on' again, and after approximately 5 seconds, it 'powers off' again. This is what happens again and again and again...

I've done a lot of tests and came up with one situation where it does wake up flawlessly. My clover config.plist has fixHPET, fixIPIC, fixRTC and fixTMR. Especially fixHPET and fixIPIC are very important because it makes the usb ehci device not conflict with hpet irqs. When I remove fixHPET or fixIPIC entry, one of my usb 2.0 ports (actually the usb port where the built-in bluetooth attaches to) doesn't work. So basically I get wake up working while loosing the usb port(bluetooth).

I'll upload my configs and settings and files later. I'm really curious whether I'm the only one who is facing this kind of error or not. And sorry for my bad English. Really looking forward to getting information from you guys.

And finally, big thank for all the great guys making efforts to the hackintosh world. I really appreciate it.

[EDIT] Finally fixed.
I extracted original DSDT using clover, fixed errors and warnings, then put IRQNoFlags 2,8,11,15 into the device HPET. Also set fixHPET and fixIPIC entries to false in clover config.plist. Now my pc sleeps and wakes up normally. (Although there is a problem: When I wake my machine up via Apple Magic Mouse, then all BT device don't pair or work anymore and log says "REQUIRE failure: inDataSize >= bytesToSend - file: blah blah". It's funny that other non-Apple bluetooth keyboard is capable of waking up. I can't be bothered any longer so just disabled 'wake up by bluetooth devices' and now I'm happy.)

reference:
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t886.html

Hello black edition users. I want to create a MacIASL patch list for users trying to follow my build who can no longer find the RIVE. Would one of you guys that are using clover be so kind as to hit the F4 key from the clover GUI, wait 30 seconds, then boot and mount your clover drives efi partition. Zip and post the EFI/clover/acpi/orig folder and an ioreg for me. Also please let me know if any of you are willing to do some follow up testing so I can verify what works and what doesn't.

Thanks

Hello black edition users. I want to create a MacIASL patch list for users trying to follow my build who can no longer find the RIVE. Would one of you guys that are using clover be so kind as to hit the F4 key from the clover GUI, wait 30 seconds, then boot and mount your clover drives efi partition. Zip and post the EFI/clover/acpi/orig folder and an ioreg for me. Also please let me know if any of you are willing to do some follow up testing so I can verify what works and what doesn't.

Thanks

Here you are

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jkc84wybhze42l/RIVBE_0701_CLOVER.zip

Bios version: 0701

Thank you very much :D It will be a pleasure for me to participate in the testing process.

Thanks new cosmo20. I see you are using Andrew's ssdt and you've optimized it without DTGP but why are you using the Nvidia edit instead of the AMD?

Thank you for letting me know. It's my fault and I've just corrected it. What a shame XD

Has anyone got sound working on black edition yet?:headbang:

Sorry I couldn't understand the guide, could you please tell me how did you install your audio drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back