Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage IV Black Edition - BIOS 0801 (beta) with NVME Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I want to thank you, pulpinex, for your hard work and clear instruction. I can confirm that per your instruction the Samsung evo 970 can be installed on Asus RIVBE x79 mobo as a bootable drive.
I just have one question: I have it installed on the lowest PCIe slot and userbenchmark is showing "device is underperforming".The video card is on the first slot. Is there any bandwith conflict? or should I use a different PCIe slot?
Samsung magician is showing sequential 3.333 read and 2.435 write. is that a good speed?
Thank you in advance!

First I want to thank you, pulpinex, for your hard work and clear instruction. I can confirm that per your instruction the Samsung evo 970 can be installed on Asus RIVBE x79 mobo as a bootable drive.
I just have one question: I have it installed on the lowest PCIe slot and userbenchmark is showing "device is underperforming".The video card is on the first slot. Is there any bandwith conflict? or should I use a different PCIe slot?
Samsung magician is showing sequential 3.333 read and 2.435 write. is that a good speed?
Thank you in advance!

Your performance is a fantastic performance.
Forget the ""device is underperforming"...
You have a performance that is near the limit: sequential read/write speeds of 3,500/2,500 MB/s...
So forget the "underperforming" and enjoy with the new 970 Evo.

Swapping the PCIe slot don't think help you to get more bandwhit...
You could try, but I think you lose time. You could also try reading manual to verify that no conflicts are present.

As I wrote... I switched to Z370 platform and I no longer have the X79 motherboard.

Hope helped you.
Pulpinex

@pulpinex : I tried you update my Asus Rampage IV Black Edition board with the BIOS file in your like, The update completed, however, I now seem to have gone in to booting loop. As soon as I turn on all the lights and fans starts and turn off again and this keeps happening until I remove the power supply. I tried pressing the Clear CMOS button on the back as well but no luck. I also tried updating to various different versions from ASUS site including the most oldest and most latest versions but no luck. I can't boot into that BIOS anymore.

If I switch to the Secondary BIOS, PC boots up fine.

Any suggest you can give to fix my issue?

@pulpinex : I tried you update my Asus Rampage IV Black Edition board with the BIOS file in your like, The update completed, however, I now seem to have gone in to booting loop. As soon as I turn on all the lights and fans starts and turn off again and this keeps happening until I remove the power supply. I tried pressing the Clear CMOS button on the back as well but no luck. I also tried updating to various different versions from ASUS site including the most oldest and most latest versions but no luck. I can't boot into that BIOS anymore.

I suggest
- reset all the BIOS parameters (push the reset BIOS button on the back) and try boot again.

If nothing change:
- reload the originals BIOS (both, so you have the backup in case something goes wrong)
- reload the mod BIOS as suggested in the post #1
- when upload new BIOS finished reset all the BIOS parameters (push the reset bios button on the back) - this is very importante.

- try booting

It should work.
Look post #5 #6 and #8.

So: flash both BIOS with the original one.
After that try upgrade with my BIOS.
Clear CMOS and Reset BIOS pushing the back button.
Restart

Keep me informed.

News?

Tried it all. Not luck. Contacted ASUS support and this is what they said:

Please go online and find RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION/AC4 BIOS chip or replace the motherboard all together.
If you can't find the BIOS chip to replace or use the second BIOS and keep it without using the 1st one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back