RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,
I wish share with you my experience with Asus Rampage IV Black Edition (a.k. RIVBE), when you have to use a NVME PCIE SSD (I've two 960 pro, one for windows, one for MacOS 10.13).

I add the nvme pcie driver on the last bios (0801 Beta) following this guide.

It work flawlessy!

System boot correctly with clover on the efi partition on the nvme pcie disk (also work with windows 10, without Clover).
:)

HOW TO:
1. Acquire a USB Thumb Drive
2. Format the USB drive with a FAT32 file system
3. Download the attached bios, unzip
4. Be sure to rename your file R4BE.CAP
5. Place the USB drive into the ROG Connect USB Port
5. Hold the Rog connect button down for 5 seconds and an amber light near the BIOS chips will flash for several seconds and when flashing has stopped the BIOS has been successfully updated.

All done!

Now you can boot directly from your NVME pcie disk (with pcie adapter).

I hope this can help someone.
Bye

Link to the modified bios: https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/r4be-0801-nvme-cap-zip.288073/

:clap::headbang:

Last edited:
You're welcome.
FYSA - I just followed your instructions to the letter, and now my PC is in a boot loop. Not sure if that file will universally work for everyone. Trying to recover back to an older bios now using a similar method but not having much luck.

FYSA - I just followed your instructions to the letter, and now my PC is in a boot loop. Not sure if that file will universally work for everyone. Trying to recover back to an older bios now using a similar method but not having much luck.

For a RIVBE (Asus Rampage IV Black Edition) it should works.
I tried it with 2 mobo, and works well in both cases.

While booting, in the post, can you show the NVME disk?
Keep in mind that when you look inside the bios setting you don't find anything about NVME disks.

I suggest
- reset all the bios parameters (push the reset bios button on the back) and try boot again.

If nothing change:
- reload the originals bios (both, so you have the backup in case something goes wrong)
- reload the mod bios as suggested in the post #1
- when finished reset all the bios parameters (push the reset bios button on the back)
- try booting

It should work.
Keep me informed and have good luck.

Last edited:
Sorry for the long delay! It's been a crazy few weeks and I hadn't had a chance to try your suggestion until now. And it was a great one! Resetting CMOS before/after to be safe seemed to do the trick. Thanks so much for A) doing the heavy lifting to share out the BIOS and B) your patience and support!!

Sorry for the long delay! It's been a crazy few weeks and I hadn't had a chance to try your suggestion until now. And it was a great one! Resetting CMOS before/after to be safe seemed to do the trick. Thanks so much for A) doing the heavy lifting to share out the BIOS and B) your patience and support!!

:)
You are welcome!
Happy to hear that worked.

Hello pulpinex,

I have a Asus X79 Rampage IV Black Edition Rev 1.02
Can i use that modded bios of you, so that i can use mine NVME PCIE SSD Samsung Pro 960 M2.
How must i install windows 10 on it than ?
Must i start Windows 10 from usb ? to my NVME PCIE SSD Samsung Pro 960 M2
Can i see the NVME PCIE SSD Samsung Pro 960 M2 in the bios ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back