Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage IV Black Edition - BIOS 0801 (beta) with NVME Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the long delay! It's been a crazy few weeks and I hadn't had a chance to try your suggestion until now. And it was a great one! Resetting CMOS before/after to be safe seemed to do the trick. Thanks so much for A) doing the heavy lifting to share out the BIOS and B) your patience and support!!

Hello JKazPC,
How does it work.
My usb is not flash ?
How must i begin ?
Wil you help me with it please.

pulpinex

I have the R4BE.CAP on my usb.
I first reset the bios on the back.
Than Hold the Rog connect button down for 5 seconds, NOTHING HAPPENS ????

an amber light near the BIOS chips will flash for several seconds I DON'T SEE THAT ?

Can i not flash the bios with your modded NVME file in the bios with EZ Flash.

1. Acquire a USB Thumb Drive
2. Format the USB drive with a FAT32 file system
3. Download the attached bios, unzip
4. Be sure to rename your file R4BE.CAP
5. Place the USB drive into the ROG Connect USB Port
5. Hold the Rog connect button down for 5 seconds and an amber light near the BIOS chips will flash for several seconds and when flashing has stopped the BIOS has been successfully updated.

pulpinex i have now flash your modded bios on my Rampage IV Black Edition.
But i see in the bios not my Samsung 960 Pro M2 on a Expansion M2 X4 Mini (PCI Express x8 Sleuf).
How can i install Windows 10 on it ?

pulpinex i have done everything.
CSM Disable
secure boot - other os
key management - clear secure boot keys
That all is not possible because the pc don't see the thumb stick anymore to install windows.

If i enable all, and install windows from my thumb stick and restart,
windows is not bootable and you got the error winload.exe is missing.

Do you have Asus Rampage IV Black Edition - BIOS 0801 with NVME Support.

I have a Samsung 960 Pro M2 in a Asus Expansion card Hyper m2 x4 mini (PCI express x8 sleuf)

I hope you can help me.

Greatz

sorry for the long delay!
... start again explaining you problem! You have to install windows?
I've not experience in windows.. so I can't help you as I would.
But googling a little bit... i found this help:

Compatibility Support Mode - set to [DISABLED]
Secure Boot
1- The M.2 drive has to be the only drive installed.
2 - Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.
3 - Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, not windows UEFI.
4 - Insert a USB memory stick with a UEFI bootable iso of Windows 10 on it, USB3 is quicker but USB2 works also. A Windows DVD won’t work unless you’ve created your own UEFI Bootable DVD.
5 - Press F10 to save, exit and reboot.
6 - Windows 10 will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in.
7 - When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.
8 - Click on secure boot again but now set it to WIndows UEFI mode. (see #3 above)
9 - Click on key management and install default secure boot keys
10 - Press F10 to save and exit and windows will finish the install. Once you have Windows up and running, shutdown the PC and reconnect your other SATA drives.

*** How to create a bootable UEFI USB drive with Windows 10 Setup ***
http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-create-a-bootable-uefi-usb-drive-with-windows-10-setup/

I'm not sure it will work.. (I've not tryed it) but you can try!

In other words: supposing you installed my R4BE.CAP bios (I think that you installed that mod bios) you have to proceed as a normal NVME Windows installation.
Look on internet/google to follow some guide...
I've a Windows 10 installation on my system, but is on a second SSD and not on NVME disk.
When I start my system... clover let me choose the OS to boot...
Easy!

Salute Pulpinex!

Could you give us more info about the "drive" you use? Is it an M.2 pcie NVME or an M.2 NVME sata? What is the actual adapter you use? There doesn't seem to be any gain of speed from an M.2 NVME sata to a regular sata SSD since they are both sata. If you're using an M.2 pcie NVME what kind of transfer speeds are you getting? And is it bootable?

Thanks for your help!

Driver I put into the BIOS? Is an M.2 pcie NVME driver.
I've a NVME SSD (Samsung 960Pro 512Gb) with 2500MB/sec transfer rate (BlackMagic speed test).
I used a NVME-PCIe X4 adapter like the Asus HYPER M.2 X4 MINI Card M.2 (I've also a chinese adapter, same speed in transfer rate).

Driver I put into the BIOS? Is an M.2 pcie NVME driver.
I've a NVME SSD (Samsung 960Pro 512Gb) with 2500MB/sec transfer rate (BlackMagic speed test).
I used a NVME-PCIe X4 adapter like the Asus HYPER M.2 X4 MINI Card M.2 (I've also a chinese adapter, same speed in transfer rate).

Wow! That is a crazy transfer rate. Does it speed up the OS and apps a lot? How smooth is it?

In normal use you don't see any difference.
When you open FCP or other heavy app.... you see the difference.
Boot time is more or less same than a normal Sata SSD.
Opening Final Cut Pro is very fast (about 7 sec), opening aperture with a 200GB library: 3 sec.
Otherwise you don't notice the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back