Contribute
Register

Asus Radeon RX580 Can't Dual Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the Sapphire RX580. I had a working dual monitor setup in 10.13.3 with WhateverGreen and Lilu. I did a very plain install as is very well documented. All was working solid.

The DP connected monitor was the primary and HDMI secondary. I installed the 10.13.4 update. Now the DP monitor receives signal during POST and verbose boot, but just before login, the DP (Primary) goes black with no signal and the HDMI (Secondary) takes over. It acts as if the port is being shutoff. Only the HDMI monitor shows in System Report. I am wondering what changed?

I tried removing WhateverGreen from kexts/other and setting RadeonDeInit to false. Same result.

I have never had any system lockup issues.

Here is my config.plist. kexts/other includes AppleALC, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, WhateverGreen, USBInjectAll. System Definition is iMac 18,3.
Clearly things have changed since 10.13.4.
Your config file shows that you Injecting Intel GPU but do not have IMEI fix in the DSDT section.
Your config does not have patches to rename GFX0 to IGPU and PEGP to GFX0.
Your SMBIOS section is incomplete (needs at least additional board ID that affects few functionalities).

Quite a few people have your system setup so check their configs and setup.

Your config file shows that you Injecting Intel GPU but do not have IMEI fix in the DSDT section.
Your SMBIOS section is incomplete (needs at least additional board ID that affects few functionalities).

Thank You, I will use this as a learning opportunity and post any questions and results here for all to see.

I am using the Sapphire RX580. I had a working dual monitor setup in 10.13.3 with WhateverGreen and Lilu. I did a very plain install as is very well documented. All was working solid.

The DP connected monitor was the primary and HDMI secondary. I installed the 10.13.4 update. Now the DP monitor receives signal during POST and verbose boot, but just before login, the DP (Primary) goes black with no signal and the HDMI (Secondary) takes over. It acts as if the port is being shutoff. Only the HDMI monitor shows in System Report. I am wondering what changed?

I tried removing WhateverGreen from kexts/other and setting RadeonDeInit to false. Same result.

I have never had any system lockup issues.

Here is my config.plist. kexts/other includes AppleALC, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, WhateverGreen, USBInjectAll. System Definition is iMac 18,3.
Had the same issue - no DP just really slow refresh 4K via HDMI when I updated from 10.3.3 to 10.3.4 - fix for me was to change the system ID from 18,2 (which matched my Kaby lake processor) to 14,2, which seems to have re-enabled DP without any other ill effects.

Had the same issue - no DP just really slow refresh 4K via HDMI when I updated from 10.3.3 to 10.3.4 - fix for me was to change the system ID from 18,2 (which matched my Kaby lake processor) to 14,2, which seems to have re-enabled DP without any other ill effects.
Seems like other people have had better success with iMac18,1 model ID. Try it.

I started a new thread on the audio issues figured it belonged in the proper forum. Here's a link to it. Also I reverted back to AppleHDA and same thing happens. Tried XHCI handoff 'auto' and 'smart auto' and same thing.

OK, so far I unchecked 'Inject Intel' Since I am not using iGPU I couldn't think of a reason to do that. I probably selected it from MultiBeast during setup "Just in case".

I still need to look into the things you say to rename.

I selected a system type in Clover Configurator and that seemed to fill in the other SMBIOS information. It now has a Board ID. The original system type selection was done in MultiBeast.

I tried 18,2 with same result. I then tried 18,1 and now have Dual Display utilizing the DP again. Need to figure out what the difference is :/ Not sure what effect it has on other things yet. I am sure it will effect the GeekBench.

If it helps, I had a similiar issue where my DV-I would work but nothing out from hdmi.
I read earlier that your system id might make a difference. I changed to 14.2 (from 18.2) and I now have dual, fully functional monitors. I ran through a few tests of other functionalities and have observed no obvious errors.

My card is an AMD radeon rx 560 4 gb. I havent added any kexts, or extra lines of code at all.
I just installed 10.13.4 with unibeast and used multibeast to finish it off. I had an issue with the system booting but was solved with the help of vk2fro.

Last edited:
OK, so far I unchecked 'Inject Intel' Since I am not using iGPU I couldn't think of a reason to do that. I probably selected it from MultiBeast during setup "Just in case".

I still need to look into the things you say to rename.

For the rename thing, make it look like the following (at the top DSDT):

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 12.26.25 PM.png

Hi people. Been having a look over this thread as I'm using an Asus ROG Strix RX580 8GB card on iMac 18.3 def on HS 10.13.6.
I can only get HDMI or DVI (but not both) working out the box. If I have HDMI working and plug DVI in, it kills the HDMI and switches to DVI. To swap back I have to "wake" the machine after swapping cables. Can't get displayport to work at all (which I'd rather use if possible). I do get both monitors working when using Lilu & Whatevergreen however when using displayport I find a strange issue wherein software the text will pixelate. If I click on the text (to highlight said audio channel in Ableton live) the pixelated text then looks correct. This only happens on displayport swap to HDMI and it goes away. Are there some other methods I can try to get DP working on this card without using kexts? Someone suggested using inject ATI and Radeon? Or could post my config if anyone might be able to suggest something.

Hmmmm, just read back over this thread. Am wanting to know if all is well with the Asus RX 580 card. Newegg has them for $199. I would like to buy and use in Mojave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back