Contribute
Register

ASUS Q304U Need help fine tuning the patches/kexts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried removing some of the clover patch renames I thought might not apply because I couldn’t find them in the IOreg under the old or rename. However it wouldn’t boot. I followed the guides but they were difficult to determine which ones applied to my specific system. I’m at a work stoppage until I can get direction from someone on the log errors.
what problems are you experiencing? your kexts seem to be fine

Well, I managed to create a custom USB SSDT which seems to be functioning well. I haven't tested to see if bluetooth reliability has improved. I moved to trying to fix iMessage which I believe has issues do to NVRAM. I tested it and it wasnt working. Im working to figure out how to apply the right Kext for my configuration.

ive ran the SMBIOs troubleshooting a few times and it will send an alert to my iCloud but doesn't log in.

Got the NVRAM and iMessage fixed. This guide was the key. I ran a couple other guides that didn't help. main problem was I had the wrong NVRAM emulator, and the ROM section of SMBIOS wasn't populated properly

Once I get all the bugs out, I'm going to put a final post with the Patches/Kexts I needed for the Laptop so I can help others.

I'm using the same laptop as you @craig21977 and just like you my trackpad and touchscreen have been finicky. When one works, the other doesn't. I just need to get my backlit keyboard to light up and screen brightness along with the unstable trackpad and touchscreen. Everything else is working fine for me. Whats the progress on yours?

Got the NVRAM and iMessage fixed. This guide was the key. I ran a couple other guides that didn't help. main problem was I had the wrong NVRAM emulator, and the ROM section of SMBIOS wasn't populated properly

Once I get all the bugs out, I'm going to put a final post with the Patches/Kexts I needed for the Laptop so I can help others.

Im making another attempt at my Asus vivobook, just like yours. Have you managed to get trackpad and touchscreen to work? If so, which kexts are you using?

Im making another attempt at my Asus vivobook, just like yours. Have you managed to get trackpad and touchscreen to work? If so, which kexts are you using?

I quit working on it months ago. I really didn’t get to the end of the road, just had other priorities.

I think your best bet would be going to the Voodoo chat and seeing if they have made any improvements to the trackpad and touchscreen kexts and letting them troubleshoot with you.

I quit working on it months ago. I really didn’t get to the end of the road, just had other priorities.

I think your best bet would be going to the Voodoo chat and seeing if they have made any improvements to the trackpad and touchscreen kexts and letting them troubleshoot with you.
Ahhh understood. I too left mine alone for months as well. Just recently came back to it last night. I'll see what I can find. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back