Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Q304UA (Clover), Fosa BCM94352Z NGFF
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
Intel HD620, 1920x1080
Hello Friends!

I haven't found any threads with this specific laptop. Fully updated bios and Mojave.

Im getting inconsistent functionality out of specific devices, they work then stop working. Such as I2C Trackpad, touchscreen, bluetooth, and several other things. I believe that I need to tackle core patches/kexts before branching out and problem solving.

My Wifi and Keyboard have been solid.

Could someone take a look at my logs and give me a place to start?

I have applied several patches and kexts which improved the system, but I would like to remove the ones that I don't need and really tighten up the build.

Thank you for your help! I want to keep learning an help others on their journey.

Let me know if you need anymore specifics.

Debug and Origin attached.

-Craig

Attachments

• debug_26874.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • DSDT.aml
    163.5 KB · Views: 86
Hello Friends!

I haven't found any threads with this specific laptop. Fully updated bios and Mojave.

Im getting inconsistent functionality out of specific devices, they work then stop working. Such as I2C Trackpad, touchscreen, bluetooth, and several other things. I believe that I need to tackle core patches/kexts before branching out and problem solving.

My Wifi and Keyboard have been solid.

Could someone take a look at my logs and give me a place to start?

I have applied several patches and kexts which improved the system, but I would like to remove the ones that I don't need and really tighten up the build.

Thank you for your help! I want to keep learning an help others on their journey.

Let me know if you need anymore specifics.

Debug and Origin attached.

-Craig
update your signature at bottom so we can see processor and graphic card you have. I have an Asus q301l fully working. maybe similar?

I Couldn't get the signature to take.

Q304UA - Kabylake i5 7200U - HD 620 - Fosa BCM94352Z NGFF

Glad to hear you got the kinks out!

Iv learned a ton working on this, the Designare was a piece of cake in comparison!

Disregard, Signature showed up ^

Disregard, Signature showed up ^
yes desktops are not too complicated. the laptops are totally different. what resolution are you trying to achieve? is your touchscreen usb or i2c or atmel touch? do you have an installer with EFI Folder?

install all those kext in L/E, add fakepciid, do you have graphic acceleration already? install voodooi2catmel satellite for touch. also make sure you are using all the latest version of kext

I have I2C touch. I have been heavy in the I2C chat with Ben, he has been really helpful. I get stuff working, but then it’s unreliable. Like the touch and Bluetooth. I followed the laptop guide but I struggled to understand how to diagnose which patches and Kext I needed and could get rid of. I know I have patches I don’t need and kexts I don’t need. My system is pretty unstable at boot, hit or miss sometimes restarts a boot. I’m going to follow your guidance and let you know.

I basic installed Fakeccid with kextbeast. I don't think I have the atmel. Id like to focus on the core stability before moving to specific devices.

Attachments

• debug_25565.zip
    2 MB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.39.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.39.13 AM.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 72
Are there any of the kexts from the screenshot I should remove?

I tried removing some of the clover patch renames I thought might not apply because I couldn’t find them in the IOreg under the old or rename. However it wouldn’t boot. I followed the guides but they were difficult to determine which ones applied to my specific system. I’m at a work stoppage until I can get direction from someone on the log errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back