Contribute
Register

Asus Q301LA-bsi5t17 (S301LA) – Yosemite Clover Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry yes platforms.xml.lip/layoutxx.xml.zlib is what I meant. The dummyhda I'm using was posted by ikkoku earlier in this thread: DummyHDA.kext.zip

before using the dummyhda method, have you tried patching applehda first to see if there's audio?

Sorry yes platforms.xml.lip/layoutxx.xml.zlib is what I meant. The dummyhda I'm using was posted by ikkoku earlier in this thread: DummyHDA.kext.zip

Reboot without caches.

Then, quickly... in Terminal:
Code:
# check that injector is loaded...
kextstat | grep -y applehda
# rebuild cache and note logs...
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Post output here.

Reboot without caches.

Then, quickly... in Terminal:
Code:
# check that injector is loaded...
kextstat | grep -y applehda
# rebuild cache and note logs...
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Post output here.

Last login: Thu May 7 10:59:35 on console
Anthonys-MacBook-Pro:~ anthonyray$ kextstat | grep -y applehda
71 1 0xffffff7f81982000 0x1c000 0x1c000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (272.18) <70 69 65 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
108 0 0xffffff7f81afc000 0xab000 0xab000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (999.1.1fc1) <107 89 71 70 69 65 6 5 4 3 1>
111 0 0xffffff7f822ec000 0x2000 0x2000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver (272.18) <4 3>
Anthonys-MacBook-Pro:~ anthonyray$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67023 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA31 for kext DummyHDA.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AsusNBFnKeys.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext
Anthonys-MacBook-Pro:~ anthonyray$

Last login: Thu May 7 10:59:35 on console
Anthonys-MacBook-Pro:~ anthonyray$ kextstat | grep -y applehda
71 1 0xffffff7f81982000 0x1c000 0x1c000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (272.18) <70 69 65 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
108 0 0xffffff7f81afc000 0xab000 0xab000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (999.1.1fc1) <107 89 71 70 69 65 6 5 4 3 1>
111 0 0xffffff7f822ec000 0x2000 0x2000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver (272.18) <4 3>
Anthonys-MacBook-Pro:~ anthonyray$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67023 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA31 for kext DummyHDA.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AsusNBFnKeys.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext
Anthonys-MacBook-Pro:~ anthonyray$

You can see the injector is loading above ^^^

Follow this procedure:
- repair permissions (Disk Utility)
- boot without caches
- quickly, rebuild cache (DPCIManager or Kext Wizard)
- reboot normally 2 times

If not working, post EFI/Clover folder, and ioreg.

Note: It could be problems in your layout/Platforms files...

You can see the injector is loading above ^^^

Follow this procedure:
- repair permissions (Disk Utility)
- boot without caches
- quickly, rebuild cache (DPCIManager or Kext Wizard)
- reboot normally 2 times

If not working, post EFI/Clover folder, and ioreg.

Note: It could be problems in your layout/Platforms files...

Still not working, here is the EFI folder: View attachment EFI.zip forgot ioreg: View attachment ioreg.ioreg

If the AppleHDA is working when replacing the vanilla hda could there still be something wrong with the layout/platform files? Thanks for the help Rehabman

Still not working, here is the EFI folder: View attachment 136614 forgot ioreg: View attachment 136623

If the AppleHDA is working when replacing the vanilla hda could there still be something wrong with the layout/platform files? Thanks for the help Rehabman

There is something wrong with your injector kext or you don't have vanilla AppleHDA installed...

Regarding working patched AppleHDA, but not injectior HDA... Your patched AppleHDA and the injector AppleHDA should be using the same files in Resources, so there should be no difference.

There is something wrong with your injector kext or you don't have vanilla AppleHDA installed...

Regarding working patched AppleHDA, but not injectior HDA... Your patched AppleHDA and the injector AppleHDA should be using the same files in Resources, so there should be no difference.

I have vanilla AppleHDA installed to /s/l/e and just to be sure I used pacifist and pulled all of the necessary hda files out of their pkgs to recreate a vanilla hda kext, I also downloaded an unaltered injector kext and used the files and correct info.plist edits from the working patched AppleHDA but the sound still eludes me unfortunately. I'm just going to stick with the working patched AppleHDA for now, thank you for your efforts.

I have vanilla AppleHDA installed to /s/l/e and just to be sure I used pacifist and pulled all of the necessary hda files out of their pkgs to recreate a vanilla hda kext, I also downloaded an unaltered injector kext and used the files and correct info.plist edits from the working patched AppleHDA but the sound still eludes me unfortunately. I'm just going to stick with the working patched AppleHDA for now, thank you for your efforts.

Do you have CodecCommander installed?

Note: I use an automatic process to create AppleHDA injectors. It is checked into my u430 repo. Basically, you create just the parts unique to the specific codec (ahhcd.plist, Platforms.plist, layoutXX.plist), then run a script/makefile. It grabs various parts from AppleHDA.kext, modifies them, and creates an injector... There is too much human error with doing it manually, which is why I use the script.

Since others are using the same injector with success, I suspect you have something more generically wrong with your setup. Have you tried a fresh install? (you can do so in another partition).

It is pretty difficult to construct a vanilla AppleHDA because of the various parts of it are spread all over and need to be merged. On top of that, updates tend to update only the portion of it that has changed. The best way to construct a vanilla AppleHDA is with a fresh install.

It is pretty difficult to construct a vanilla AppleHDA because of the various parts of it are spread all over and need to be merged. On top of that, updates tend to update only the portion of it that has changed. The best way to construct a vanilla AppleHDA is with a fresh install.

here:

Attachments

• AppleHDA 10.10.3.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
View attachment 136539

Is this correct? I doubt it.. because I currently have no sound. I'd really like to learn how to fix this, it's pretty interesting. I did everything you said but I obviously did something wrong.

You must cancel the check of 4 codecs and not 3 as shown on your config.plist
are they:
10ec0261-> 00000000
10ec0884-> 00000000
10ec0262-> 00000000
10ec0885-> 00000000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back