Contribute
Register

Asus Q301LA-bsi5t17 (S301LA) – Yosemite Clover Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ikkoku, is there any way you could upload your personally patched AppleHDA? I'm using ALC233 w/ Layout 3 injected, but I would like headphones to work. It's not the most important thing in the world but I'd like it to work

There is a bunch of patched AppleHDA here by Mirone: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/

You will need CodecCommander as well. It has tweaks for ALC233 (headphone issues): https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Ikkoku, is there any way you could upload your personally patched AppleHDA? I'm using ALC233 w/ Layout 3 injected, but I would like headphones to work. It's not the most important thing in the world but I'd like it to work

View attachment DummyHDA.kext.zip

I don't have a patched applehda. Attached is my dummyhda. this way it'll survive upgrades

This is Mirone's work.

do you mean the dummyhda?
I've replaced with my modified platforms, layout and info.plist based on Mirone's original alc233 for yosemite applehda

do you mean the dummyhda?
I've replaced with my modified platforms, layout and info.plist based on Mirone's original alc233 for yosemite applehda

I was looking at the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext. You will see he marks his work.

I was looking at the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext. You will see he marks his work.

yes it's based on Mirone's applehda patched kexts

yes it's based on Mirone's applehda patched kexts

Yes..

Two suggestions:
- remove all other codecs from HDAConfigDefault
- attribute the work to yourself and Mirone :)

Question...

Does the ALC233 config in latest CodecCommander.kext help with headphone issues?

Yes..

Two suggestions:
- remove all other codecs from HDAConfigDefault
- attribute the work to yourself and Mirone :)

Question...

Does the ALC233 config in latest CodecCommander.kext help with headphone issues?

due to the way I modified/made the changes in layout and platforms, the headphone issue wasn't an issue for me (it was klugy and definitely not the right way but it worked). I've downloaded your latest codeccommander and installed it but did not test with headphone.

due to the way I modified/made the changes in layout and platforms, the headphone issue wasn't an issue for me (it was klugy and definitely not the right way but it worked).

Hmm.. I don't know of a way to fix the headphone problems with layout/platforms... Unless you sent verbs via AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver. But that would only work for bootup not work for after sleep/wake...

But it could be your codec doesn't have the headphone issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back