Contribute
Register

Asus ProArt Z490 Creator Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an OpenCore screen.
Updated. Some how I screwed up and the EFI on the USB installed was Clover based instead of OpenCore. Installation was successful when I replaced the Clover EFI on the USB Installer with the OpenCore EFI.

@anannyo, @dukekaboom, @wwanxh, @SteveS, @GreenWolf89
Guys,
Please post your BIOS settings that you changed from the default 707 BIOS. You don't have to use screen snapshots. Just list them in text like I've done in MyHero II Golden Build. TIA.

Hey guys, thanks for all the info - have also got this board up and running with a 10700, Radeon VII and Fenvi T919 - works great! One question - what kexts do you have in order to get the 10Gbe card working? I have it in the 2nd PCIe slot and it works fine in windows but isn't picked up by MacOS. Currently using IntelMausi, FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V to get the 2.5 gigabit port working.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Hello everyone,
Thank you so much for your works for this motherboard. Especially @SteveS.
I'm trying to make it works, and for now I could boot into the system nicely with opencore 0.6.2
I have a question please. The Thunderbolt display that you make it works is (in my case) : Rx 5700 xt DP => DP in on motherboard => Thunderbolt => display?
And also can you please share your EFI @SteveS ?
I would like to take a look to optimize mine.
Thank you in advance :)

You guys have done a great job.
Everyday I come here to take a look at your progress. I'm on the market for a z490. I was disappointed at first with the ProArt but now I can see a light.
I noticed almost everything is working, so what's missing on your builds? USB Mapping and TB3 hotswap?
I can go straight to the Vision D but like ASUS more...always pretty solid. Anyone who starts hackintoshing the Pro Art right now will get up and running in no time thanks to you and that's what makes a board popular in hackintosh community.
ASUS should have used a PLX chip to multiply the PCI lanes on the Pro Art like they did on the WS Z390 Pro. I can't find that board in my country and that would be my first choice even one generation behind. I'm not brave enough to face the pain in getting macOS running stable on a x299. So if have to give up on the PCI lanes, the platform should be the newest generation at least and that's when the Pro Art come in to play.
In the next few days I have a decision to make: Pro Art x Vision D. I really hope you guys can't find any roadblock in your adventure so I can pick up the Pro Art.

Congratulations and thanks for your work.

Last edited:
You guys have done a great job.
Everyday I come here to take a look at your progress. I'm on the market for a z490. I was disappointed at first with the ProArt but now I can see a light.
I noticed almost everything is working, so what's missing on your builds? USB Mapping and TB3 hotswap?
I can go straight to the Vision D but like ASUS more...always pretty solid. Anyone who starts hackintoshing the Pro Art right now will get up and running in no time thanks to you and that's what makes a board popular in hackintosh community.
ASUS should have used a PLX chip to multiply the PCI lanes on the Pro Art like they did on the WS Z390 Pro. I can't find that board in my country and that would be my first choice even one generation behind. I'm not brave enough to face the pain in getting macOS running stable on a x299. So if have to give up on the PCI lanes, the platform should be the newest generation at least and that's when the Pro Art come in to play.
In the next few days I have a decision to make: Pro Art x Vision D. I really hope you guys can't find any roadblock in your adventure so I can pick up the Pro Art.

Congratulations and thanks for your work.
Pretty much everything is working really nicely - I have a USB map working well (using the Opencore guide from Dortania, you can build this yourself in 10 minutes). The only things I haven't got up and running are TB hotswap (although this is working for display swapping as someone else reported), and the 10Gbe card (although others seem to have had more luck, with that working OOB). No problems at all so far with sleep / imessage / any of the other ususal suspects.

Cheers!

Thanks @sonicyouth87 for the feedback.
I have an Asus Rampage Extreme VI already. I was hesitating but I'm following some of the x299 threads and I'm willing to give a try and maybe save some money. Let's see how that goes but I'll keep an eye on this thread because the ProArt is my next shot.
I have a ASRock z270 Fatality ITX/AC which I bought some years ago for Windows gaming. Out of nowhere I decide to hackintosh that thing and the results was so impressive! Just damn perfect in every aspect that I couldn't resist to dream about some more powerfull and usable.
Thanks once again and good luck!

Last edited:
My pleasure! Glad I could help. At least we have it opened up so now anyone considering the board knows it works, and I’m sure there are definitely others out there that can open up its possibilities even more. I was about to give up on it and order the Gigabyte, but came across someone who managed to get through the install and just kept going from there. Thanks for your help too hopefully I’ll get the hot swap and wake up issues done tonight and can put it into service this weekend.
Hey, would you guys be willing to share your EFI folder?

I now have my "Thunderball II" system working including Thunderbolt 3 to an OWC 14 port Thunderbolt 3 dock. I had help from @CaseySJ with the SSDT-TB3. Great experience.

I now have my "Thunderball II" system working including Thunderbolt 3 to an OWC 14 port Thunderbolt 3 dock. I had help from @CaseySJ with the SSDT-TB3. Great experience.

Hi. Did you flash firmware for hot plug? I wish I can get your help. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back