Contribute
Register

Asus ProArt B660-Creator - i7-12700KF - MSI RX 560 4GB - ThunderboltEX 3-TR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll rerun some tests with my flashed GC-Titan Ridge later today to provide a more definite answer.
Update:
  • Gigabyte Z390 Designare
  • Monterey 12.2
  • BIOS F9i with Elias' latest micro-code
  • GC-Titan Ridge flashed with NVM 33
    • Installed in middle long slot (PEG1)
    • Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT applied
Results:
  • USB-C flash drive (USB 3.0) connects and works properly in both ports
  • Can eject and reconnect on either port multiple times
  • Not necessary to connect USB device before boot

Update:
  • Gigabyte Z390 Designare
  • Monterey 12.2
  • BIOS F9i with Elias' latest micro-code
  • GC-Titan Ridge flashed with NVM 33
    • Installed in middle long slot (PEG1)
    • Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT applied
Results:
  • USB-C flash drive (USB 3.0) connects and works properly in both ports
  • Can eject and reconnect on either port multiple times
  • Not necessary to connect USB device before boot
Thanks for your research.
Can my problems be related to the SSDT or the fact that I found not the best possible firmware? How many are there in general? I found ASUS-ThunderboltEX-3-TR-NVM56-MOD1-CaseySJ.bin
And with this firmware I have what I have, and vendor changed to Gigabyte.

I’ll repeat this test on my Gigabyte Z690 Aero G tomorrow. At least we have a baseline on Z390 Designare. Let’s see what happens on Z690 (tomorrow).

I’ll repeat this test on my Gigabyte Z690 Aero G tomorrow. At least we have a baseline on Z390 Designare. Let’s see what happens on Z690 (tomorrow).
Thanks again for this. I will wait for the continuation as the final episode of the first season of 1883 :)

Thanks again for this. I will wait for the continuation as the final episode of the first season of 1883 :)
Just performed a USB-C test on flashed GC-Titan Ridge in Gigabyte Z690 Aero G. Result:
  • Both USB-C ports work just fine.
  • I repeatedly connected and disconnected a NVMe SSD mounted inside a USB-C enclosure.
  • Alternated between the two USB-C ports on GC-Titan Ridge, and the device connected and worked every time.
Monterey 12.3 beta.

Last edited:
Just performed a USB-C test on flashed GC-Titan Ridge in Gigabyte Z690 Aero G. Result:
  • Both USB-C ports work just fine.
  • I repeated connected and disconnected a NVMe SSD mounted inside a USB-C enclosure.
  • Alternated between the two USB-C ports on GC-Titan Ridge, and the device connected and worked every time.
Monterey 12.3 beta.
Perhaps it's the version of the operating system. I do everything in Catalina.
What about defining the vendor of the Asus board as a Gigabyte? Is this normal and was it meant to be?
В

@starghost1100 did you get the Ethernet ports on the motherboard to work?

Things I still need to fix:
- I patched my USB but when I plug USB 2 into usb 3 it doesn't work, so I can't put my keyboard on a USB hub I must to put it live on the back:
- The WiFi works but not the Bluetooth,
- Ethernet does not work at all, and
- Audio not working in front and back.

If you have ever solved one of his problems, I'm interested in how you did it.

Last edited:
@starghost1100 did you get the Ethernet ports on the motherboard to work?

Things I still need to fix:
- I patched my USB but when I plug USB 2 into usb 3 it doesn't work, so I can't put my keyboard on a USB hub I must to put it live on the back:
- The WiFi works but not the Bluetooth,
- Ethernet does not work at all, and
- Audio not working in front and back.

If you have ever solved one of his problems, I'm interested in how you did it.
I haven't encountered any of the problems listed.
I was installing macOS using the @CaseySJ port map and found one USB-drive port that allowed me to install and exit to the desktop.
Then I created my own ports map and it should be attached in my EFI. This affects both the USB ports themselves and the Bluetooth operation, since Bluetooth is also a USB device.
I do not remember, but I think I checked the operation of the Ethernet. it works properly, but it's probably worth going into the settings and setting it to full duplex 1000 megabits instead of auto.
As for the audio, I did not check the operation of the built-in card at all, since this hack was going to work with sound and the Thunderbolt 3 card.

I still have a problem with the table for this Thunderbolt map. My knowledge is not enough to solve it myself. Maybe someone will try to help me one day.

I haven't encountered any of the problems listed.
I was installing macOS using the @CaseySJ port map and found one USB-drive port that allowed me to install and exit to the desktop.
Then I created my own ports map and it should be attached in my EFI. This affects both the USB ports themselves and the Bluetooth operation, since Bluetooth is also a USB device.
I do not remember, but I think I checked the operation of the Ethernet. it works properly, but it's probably worth going into the settings and setting it to full duplex 1000 megabits instead of auto.
As for the audio, I did not check the operation of the built-in card at all, since this hack was going to work with sound and the Thunderbolt 3 card.

I still have a problem with the table for this Thunderbolt map. My knowledge is not enough to solve it myself. Maybe someone will try to help me one day.
Oh.. are you still on Catalina? 'Cause I'm on Monterey. Maybe that's what makes the difference.

Oh.. are you still on Catalina? 'Cause I'm on Monterey. Maybe that's what makes the difference.
Yes, Catalina.

It is certainly possible. but the installation difference is only in the processor mask and the security boot model. All other developments were used from the build of @CaseySJ and its board ProArt Creator Z690.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back