Contribute
Register

ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 LGA I9 12900K AMD 6900XT install and support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Middleman - What are your GB5 benchmarks with this board, ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4? This board would be the most cost effective upgrade from my Z390 since I can reuse my RAM and not have to get a new case(my case will only fit mATX or smaller).

What speed RAM are you running?

@nottooshabby fyi my GB5 & Cinebench results are these. For the RAM, I used Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz.

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 11.49.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.10.13 PM.png

Your multi-core score seems low. Do you have your e-cores enabled?
Yes I know that. Unfortunately yes they were all enabled and that was the best result I could get.

Yes I know that. Unfortunately yes they were all enabled and that was the best result I could get.

Single core is good. Post an update if you figure it out. I'll probably wait till the i13900K before I take the plunge. By then people will be hacking z790 boards.

Single core is good. Post an update if you figure it out. I'll probably wait till the i13900K before I take the plunge. By then people will be hacking z790 boards.
Unfortunately we don’t know if that will happen since Intel had decided to fuse off the AVX parts of the chip in later versions of Alder Lake. If it also happens with Raptor Lake the platform is good as dead.

Unfortunately we don’t know if that will happen since Intel had decided to fuse off the AVX parts of the chip in later versions of Alder Lake. If it also happens with Raptor Lake the platform is good as dead.
I noticed CaseySJ is using MacPro7,1. Did you try that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back