Contribute
Register

ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 LGA I9 12900K AMD 6900XT install and support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I tried this EFI with this motherboard but the audio setup does not work.
What about the Intel Graphics? Is that correct?
Good to hear you've solved the audio. As for the Intel graphics yes you can use that with this EFI.
But if you want to use your AMD card that works also. Check with the Dortania Opencore guide on how to configure by adding the relevant boot-args.

Hi! I tried this EFI with this motherboard but the audio setup does not work.
What about the Intel Graphics? Is that correct?
By the away, I got audio working only with boot-arg "alcid=11"
Not sure which Intel Graphics you are talking about. This thread is for the Z690 motherboard and the built in Intel graphics do not work, you will need a supported dGPU. However, your hardware profile indicates you are using a Z490 motherboard which the built in Intel graphics work just fine.

Last edited:
So Ive Finally Remade A working Asus Z690 Prime p d4 with MacOS 12.1 EFI file i originally had no internet but regained it by enabling DisableLOmapper in the Kernal in Opencore configurator, I still have no USB-C or internal Sata support with the sata-unsupported.kext installed and enabled. im sure there are other issues to fix but will upload benchmarks and efi file here. let me know if you have any other ideas to get the system more stable
Good to hear you've solved the audio. As for the Intel graphics yes you can use that with this EFI.
But if you want to use your AMD card that works also. Check with the Dortania Opencore guide on how to configure by adding the relevant boot-args.
Yeah! But I cannot boot my windows disk from the opencore picker. I created a totally diferente EFI as well and I get the same error. I've tried the Dortania’ troubleshooting without luck. Any ideas?

What hardware are you using Z690 or Z490?

Nice - so you can utilize the built in Intel graphics with you Z490 Vision D if you don't have another dGPU and use your VegaVII in your Z690. Hope this answers your question.

@joshuame149, it's great that you've set this page up.

For anyone who is interested, I have attached the EFI for my build of this board using OC 0.7.4 and external AMD dGPU (just add your own UUID and board system serial and ROM serials). For BIOS settings:

Firmware version: 0407 or later

Main > XMP Profile 1 > Enabled
Advanced > Software Guard Xtentions (SGX) > Disabled
Advanced > Active Cores > All
Advanced > Hyperthreading > Enabled
Advanced settings > System Agent > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PCIe
Advanced > System Agent Configuration > VT-d > Disabled (may need to be enabled for Windows)
Above 4G Decoding > Enabled
Re-sizeable bar > Enabled
Graphics Configuration > DVMT Pre-allocated > 1024M
USB Configuration > Legacy USB > Enabled
XHCI-Handoff > Enabled
Boot > CSM > Launch CSM > Disabled
Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
Boot Configuration > Fast Boot > Disabled
CFG Lock > Disable
Power Management > PEG ASPM > Enabled
PCH ASPM > Disabled
DMI ASPM > Enabled
S3 > Enabled
ErP > Disabled
PTT > Enabled

It is recommended to boot from either the M.2 sockets, SATA or USB using the F8 key.
Hey Middleman hope all is well, thanks for your help for everything was working smoothly up until yesterday, I was transferring a terabyte between two ssds and the hard drive glitched out at 20 minutes until finish which caused the Apple beach ball. When I remove the drive I shut down the computer and open core wouldn't boot it wouldn't give me the arguments to turn on it just goes black and then restarts I tried using the original EFI file that you provided and same thing right now I'm thinking it might be something with my nvme with my Mac OS Monterey. Any ideas on how I can fix this one also when I reload the original EFI it still doesn't work I do the configurations and nothing. Also did you ever end up updating the EFI file to the newest version also because of the lack of multi boot for Windows I'm considering switching back over to clover bootloader. I'd love to know your thoughts thank you very much.

Hey Middleman hope all is well, thanks for your help for everything was working smoothly up until yesterday, I was transferring a terabyte between two ssds and the hard drive glitched out at 20 minutes until finish which caused the Apple beach ball. When I remove the drive I shut down the computer and open core wouldn't boot it wouldn't give me the arguments to turn on it just goes black and then restarts I tried using the original EFI file that you provided and same thing right now I'm thinking it might be something with my nvme with my Mac OS Monterey. Any ideas on how I can fix this one also when I reload the original EFI it still doesn't work I do the configurations and nothing. Also did you ever end up updating the EFI file to the newest version also because of the lack of multi boot for Windows I'm considering switching back over to clover bootloader. I'd love to know your thoughts thank you very much.
joshuame149,

Thanks for your message, good to hear your system is working well, yeah I am doing okay. I just upgraded my Acer Nitro 5's SSD to 2TB too! So now with the spare 1TB drive I will go and upgrade another hack with extra storage. That's the beauty of a hackintosh - you get savings all round!

As to the SSD copying, that's a bit odd - have you checked if your SSD is compatible with macOS? Reason being is there are a handful of NVMe SSDs that are explicitly incompatible, and it's quite possible that's the issue you have. In addition to that I'd also suggest that you check to see if its firmware needs to be updated.

As for the multiboot I understand the frustration but there is a way to do it. The guide for it is here, and shouldn't take you 20 mins to perform > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Multiboot/oc/win.html
Alternatively you could just press F8 on your system at boot (to bring up the drives) and do it that way.

As for the EFI update and Clover, I haven't done anything yet with the latest OC on the Z690. However if you want to go back to Clover on the Z690 I'm afraid it might be a little bit more harder. Opencore has (to my knowledge) currently the better and more flexible options as a bootloader build, in particular with say working the Alder Lake chipset via the CPUID and the related performance settings and Big Sur's/Monterey's tougher memory protection measures. I'm not sure if the latest version of Clover has those features.

Middleman, could you provide the specs for your build with this board? (I don't see the info in either your post our your signature info.)

I have the ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS D4 MB arriving next week and plan to put together a system with it, an i5 12600K CPU, and the Vega 64 GPU in my current build. I'm currently trying to gather info for the EFI, and so far this thread and this one (using a similar Gigabyte MB also with the z690 chipset) are my primary sources of information.

Middleman, could you provide the specs for your build with this board? (I don't see the info in either your post our your signature info.)

I have the ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS D4 MB arriving next week and plan to put together a system with it, an i5 12600K CPU, and the Vega 64 GPU in my current build. I'm currently trying to gather info for the EFI, and so far this thread and this one (using a similar Gigabyte MB also with the z690 chipset) are my primary sources of information.
New motherboard and setup? How exciting! Yes sure by all means! :lol:

Okay so my system consists of:

Asus Z690 Prime P D4
Alder Lake i9-12900K
32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM 3600Mhz DDR4
Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX6800 w/ 16GB
1TB WD SN850 SSD PCIe 4.0
1000W Asus ROG PSU

If you require the BIOS and EFI file for this, they are on page 1 of this thread.

The specs for this setup are decent and it runs the software I require pretty smooth (mostly Adobe). I also have an Asus Thunderbolt 4 AIC card for it, but despite my efforts it hasn't yet recognised my TB1 devices like Drobo 5D.
I guess we are still waiting on getting the Maple Ridge chipset activated (if ever) for macOS. I have been testing it with Titan Ridge TB3HP kexts so far and it pops up in IOreg but not much yet on getting the card to detect and access the drive in general (not a sausage).

I don't have the Z690 in my signature yet because I've been busy, but I'll probably put it up there at some point.
Good luck with your build and let us know how it goes. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back