Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

The EFI from this post worked great for me, including my video card (Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB)

However, audio is not working from either the soundcard or over HDMI. I have tried different alcpi layouts but not had any luck. Has anyone got any advice? i'm almost there bar having no sound.

I've attached the output of a lshw command entered under Linux to give you an overview of my hardware.

Attachments

• lshw.txt
    24.3 KB · Views: 71
Hello,

I try to build a Hackintosh with OpenCore (first time with OC).
Hardware : Intel I9-10850K, Asus Z490-P, 64GB RAM, Samsung SSD, Corsair Carbide box, Intel HD 630 integrated Graphics, IIYAMA Gold Phoenix Display.
Software : OC 0.6.8 (Debug flavor), to install Catalina 10.15.5

I peek and poke a lot of infos here and there to fill up the EFI partition coherently, and build the config.plist file, but to no avail.
I am currently stuck at installing OC on my box, and I don't even know why. Indeed, the stage where the boot hits the wall is so generic that I don't clearly find the escape lane: after a few minutes of loading, the thing is halting and displays the ugly "prohibited sign". And this is not actually specific of a misconfiguration, IMHO.

In the end of the day, I decided to ask for some help on this forum.
I'm not even able to provide a useful log file for this crash.

Could one of you, definitely more expert than me, take a look at my stuff, and point me to what could be wrong ?
I attach here the EFI folder and the config.plist file.

Please ask for more details/infos if required...

Many Thanks, Regards, G.G.
At the OpenCore Picker, press and release CMD-V to enable Verbose Logs. Then boot the macOS installer and you will see a lot of log messages. When the activity stops, you may post a photo (but reduce it to about 1-2 MB).

Is CFG-Lock (or MSR 0xE2) disabled in BIOS?

Hello,

The EFI from this post worked great for me, including my video card (Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB)

However, audio is not working from either the soundcard or over HDMI. I have tried different alcpi layouts but not had any luck. Has anyone got any advice? i'm almost there bar having no sound.

I've attached the output of a lshw command entered under Linux to give you an overview of my hardware.
Please try this 2-step procedure:
  • Copy the two FakePCIID kexts to OC/Kexts folder and add references to them in Kernel section of config.plist.
Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 4.52.10 AM.png
  • Create a new DeviceProperties entry for the on-board sound controller as shown.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 4.48.51 AM.png
  • Reboot and check HDMI audio again.

Attachments

• FakePCIID.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 67
Hello,

I try to build a Hackintosh with OpenCore (first time with OC).
Hardware : Intel I9-10850K, Asus Prime Z490-P mobo, 64GB RAM, Samsung SSD NVMe M2.1, Corsair Carbide box, Intel HD 630 integrated Graphics, IIYAMA Gold Phoenix Display.
Software : OC 0.6.5 (Debug flavor), to install Catalina 10.15.5

I peek and poke a lot of infos here and there to fill up the EFI partition coherently, and build the config.plist file, but to no avail.
I am currently stuck at installing OC on my box, and I don't even know why. Indeed, the stage where the boot hits the wall is so generic that I don't clearly find the escape lane: after a few minutes of loading, the thing is halting and displays the ugly "prohibited sign". And this is not actually specific of a misconfiguration, IMHO.

In the end of the day, I decided to ask for some help on this forum.
I'm not even able to provide a useful log file for this crash.

Could one of you, definitely more expert than me, take a look at my stuff, and point me to what could be wrong ?
I attach here the EFI folder and the config.plist file.

Please ask for more details/infos if required...

Hello,

With help from CaseyJS (Thanks), I have now been able to install and run almost correctly this build.
Switched back for the time being to OC 0.6.5.

However, I still have several issues with it :
- Built in Ethernet (Controller RealTekRLT8111H) does not work. Network Preferences displays 'Cable not connected' for en0. I used a WiFi dongle up two now.
- I try to connect a Samsung EVO 850 SSD through USB to test it before installing it more permanently in the box, but this SSD is not seen either
- I am in trouble with "displaysleepnow" because it does not work either (the display is restarting as soon as it begins to sleep)
- I was unable to make OpenCanopy working, and, even if this is only a cosmetic, it will allow me to make less mistakes.

I attach several files to this post to help for debugging (ran with csr config disabled):
- the EFI folder
- the log file extracted thru "log show --predicate 'processID == 0' --debug" named "log_210721_3.list.zip"
- Two log files extracted with Hackintool "logs" tab, one about "Boot", and one about "System"
- at last, the log file written by OC itself inside of the EFI folder at boot time

Hope these help for debugging/understanding. If more is required, please ask.

Could someone provide me with some hint about any of these issues, please ?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 95
  • log_210721_3.list.zip
    34.2 KB · Views: 44
  • opencore-2021-07-21-134305.txt.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Hackintool_Boot_log.rtf.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Hackintool_System_log.rtf.zip
    66.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Hello,

With help from CaseyJS (Thanks), I have now been able to install and run almost correctly this build.
Switched back for the time being to OC 0.6.5.

However, I still have several issues with it :
- Built in Ethernet (Controller RealTekRLT8111H) does not work. Network Preferences displays 'Cable not connected' for en0. I used a WiFi dongle up two now.
- I try to connect a Samsung EVO 850 SSD through USB to test it before installing it more permanently in the box, but this SSD is not seen either
- I am in trouble with "displaysleepnow" because it does not work either (the display is restarting as soon as it begins to sleep)
- I was unable to make OpenCanopy working, and, even if this is only a cosmetic, it will allow me to make less mistakes.

I attach several files to this post to help for debugging (ran with csr config disabled):
- the EFI folder
- the log file extracted thru "log show --predicate 'processID == 0' --debug" named "log_210721_3.list.zip"
- Two log files extracted with Hackintool "logs" tab, one about "Boot", and one about "System"
- at last, the log file written by OC itself inside of the EFI folder at boot time

Hope these help for debugging/understanding. If more is required, please ask.

Could someone provide me with some hint about any of these issues, please ?

hey bro
I use the same Mobo z490-p
high sierra
working hdmi I don't know how to get the usb ports working

hey bro
I use the same Mobo z490-p
high sierra
working hdmi I don't know how to get the usb ports working
usb guide is here:

This is a known issue. See this bug report https://github.com/Mieze/RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X/issues/56
Try 2.2.2 version of this kext: https://github.com/Mieze/RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X/releases

This test doesn't make a lot of sense. What exactly did you want to test?

Most likely you're having problems with USB ports. Did you create USB ports map? Read this: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/sleep.html

Sure here it is:

after testing that you computer boots fine with the attached EFI folder make sure to do the following
Mount partition
Open O.C folder
Delete SSDT-ASUSZ90-TB3HP.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml from ACPI folder, IF you dont have the Thunderbolt 3 card
if you do then you can leave them where they are.
Open Kexts Folder, delete LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext , this kext is only for the Realtek Pcie card Ethernet 2.5Gbps LAN
so it is safe to delete unless you have a 2.5Gbps card installed
And lastly open the config.plist, make sure to use "ProperTree" to open the config. while im sure you can use other configurators it is always better to use "ProperTree"
once you open the file click File - OC Snapshot , select OC folder (From EFI PC not USB Flash ) --- then again. File. ----- Clean Snapshot -- select OC folder click choose
Navigate to PlatformInfo
here you can put your serial numbers
For i5 and i7 use iMac20,1
for i9 use iMac20,2
MLB,System Serial Number and System UUID you only need those
and dont forget to fill in the field where it says ROM here you can put your computer's real MAC address
you can find it Device manager in Windows or System Profiler in Mac ,,,the format looks something like this b0:2r:99:b0:M0:00 (<< dont use this it is fake)
when you input the number from you PC only put the numbers and letters dont use the litle dots ( : : : :)
File. ---Save
close eveything then reboot
Hi, I've been trying to use your Thunderbolt SSDT as I bought an asus TB3 for my asus z490p but the main issue is that only one of the two thunderbolt 3 connectors is working, and it can be either port 1 or port 2 depending on whatsoever randomness when I boot my computer....any suggestions??? thanks!

Hi, I've been trying to use your Thunderbolt SSDT as I bought an asus TB3 for my asus z490p but the main issue is that only one of the two thunderbolt 3 connectors is working, and it can be either port 1 or port 2 depending on whatsoever randomness when I boot my computer....any suggestions??? thanks!
no idea sometimes i get the same issues even in windows 10, so i doubt the SSDT is the problem,

Hi everyone!
Thanks to this post I have managed to install catalina on my Asus Prime Z490P pc but I have a problem with the iGPU. My CPU is an i5 10600K with UHD 630. I have connected two monitors with HDMI and Displayport. With my current EFI, I recognize the graphic acceleration of the iGPU and the two ports but when starting the hackintosh, the login is first displayed on the DP monitor. I start the session and after a few seconds, the monitor with HDMI kicks in but flicke. If I want to fix that, I have to disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect it. This is how the two monitors work, what could be happening? I have misconfigured the EFI -> Devices properties?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    936 KB · Views: 59
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    882.5 KB · Views: 57
  • EFI CATALINA 10.5.7.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back