Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the ASUS ThunderboltEX 3-TR and haven’t spent the time to get TB3 working yet. USB-C works without any modifications. In IORegistry I can see the Thunderbolt card. I know that @CaseySJ has done work on other Motherboards and gotten it working. I just haven’t had time to dig in. My hope is to be able to use it to get video off my old 8mm camera that uses FireWire.

Also, did you have to map your USB to get sleep working? My sleep has never worked and I just haven’t invested the time into investigating it yet. I am using my computer as my daily driver for my consulting work and just haven’t had time to look at the details.

Sleep was working out of the box for me. I did have a very odd case with sleep on the Optiplex 9020 before this build which was rather strangely solved by doing a factory reset on my (DP) monitor.

Also, wrt sleep and this board, there's an option in the bios around LEDs and sleep. So what would happen with that option set as ON, machine would sleep, then a few seconds later the fans would spin back up and LEDs go on - however machine would be asleep.

OC 0.61 with Imac20,1 SMBIOS

If use GenSMBIOS:
  • Note: GenSMBIOS has not been updated to reflect the new repo of MacSerial, to resolve issues with generating iMac20,x, you'll need to do the following:
    • Downloaded the latest release of OpenCorePkg
    • Navigate to Utiltiies/macserial/ folder and grab either the macserial or macserial.exe file(.exe is for Windows)
    • Run chmod +x /path/to/macserial if you're in a Unix environment, otherwise GenSMBIOS will throw a permissions error
    • Place this macserial executable under GenSMBIOS's Scripts folder
    • The Type part gets copied to Generic -> SystemProductName.
    • The Serial part gets copied to Generic -> SystemSerialNumber.
    • The Board Serial part gets copied to Generic -> MLB.
    • The SmUUID part gets copied to Generic -> SystemUUID.

Or use OC Configurator.

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.61.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 346
  • Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 12.33.14.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 12.33.14.png
    61 KB · Views: 149
Sorry for offtopic. Can anybody install Public Beta BIG SUR on this config Asus PRIME Z490-P OpenCore ? I have stop booting after start... OpenCore 0.6.0

Attachments

• A46D5274-8573-45C7-B47A-71B7CAF43993.jpeg
    A46D5274-8573-45C7-B47A-71B7CAF43993.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
hi, updated to Catalina 10.15.7, no issues.

Updated sound as indicated by nomaj, great, now my default output sound is allways rear and if I plug headphones it change automatically to front.

And updated OC 0.6.0 to OC 0.6.1.

I changed to iMac20.x and no success with video hardware acceleration encode/decode using RX580, so still in iMacPro1.1, and all works perfect.

Soon I will purchase a Fenvi card, I know there are a lot of posts here about it and very well described/explained models, but any recommendation or advice?

ciao all,
I'm going to try this mobo in the next days, and I'm wondering about one thing: all of you are referring about open core boot loader instead of Clover. There is a specific reason or this mobo works only with OC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back