Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK,
So I'm attaching my config.plist.
Mind that you'll need (as any of other configs here) to generate your unique machine values. (UUID, SystemBoard etc)

Also attached are debug builds of Lilu and WhateverGreen I've compiled that fixes the black screen of 10.15.5
(future readers: replace those with release WEG/Lilu after they release the actual release).

Also FormerUser-594785 ALC settings might've been wrong? I had different one which works.

So what works?

* UHD630 through HDMI (metal and everything shows fine)
* Audio from all ports
* Audio through HDMI!
* Basic DRM? (Netflix tested on Firefox and is working) but AppleTV+ doesn't.

The real credits go to the wonderful contributors to development.
Looking at the code, it's not trivial bugfixing/patching.

**UPDATE** August 08 2020:
WhateverGreen 1.4.1 is out. please use it or newer (and not the kexts below which are older!)

RockArtist can you share your BIOS Audio settings?

I have a Fenvi T919 and have full bluetooth but can't seem to get audio working. I know my audio on the computer works because I did a Ubuntu Live USB and audio worked fine. It appears that I am missing my AudioDevice in my config.plist. I have updated it and am testing it now.

1596807520490.png

What works:
- Handoff
- AppleTV+

RockArtist can you share your BIOS Audio settings?

I have a Fenvi T919 and have full bluetooth but can't seem to get audio working. I know my audio on the computer works because I did a Ubuntu Live USB and audio worked fine. It appears that I am missing my AudioDevice in my config.plist. I have updated it and am testing it now.

View attachment 483202

try with the new appleALC.kext and change the layout-id

@rat16364 Thanks for the recommendation that fixed it. Thanks @RockArtist for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks to @FormerUser-594785 and @CaseySJ for all of your work to get this motherboard up and running.

This is for
ASUS Prime Z490-P
Intel i7-10700Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 580

For anyone that finds this thread and is having the same issue. Here is how I resolved the issue.

Updated Lilu to 1.4.6
Updated AppleALC

Below is my config.plist and I'm showing the DeviceProperties section. The first image is the version without audio.
modifications.png

After removing AAPL,slot-name, device_type and model and updating device-id to 709D000 and updating layout-id by changing the type to number and using 7 as the value.
Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 1.46.03 PM.png

So! Today i bought this mobo and 10700k. installed WIN... and now is time to OSX ';)
I'm loong time clover user...

Is my procedure OK... with opencore (Noob here regarding Opencore)

- make USB installer Catalina
- copy attached EFI in this thread on USB EFI
- install and change UUID, SystemBoard etc ( or i' need to change it before install ???)

Also i have RX560 radeon - do i' need to change something in config - regarding this card?

Thank you in advance - if some one can confirm or point me what i' is wrong.

So! Today i bought this mobo and 10700k. installed WIN... and now is time to OSX ';)
I'm loong time clover user...

Is my procedure OK... with opencore (Noob here regarding Opencore)

- make USB installer Catalina
- copy attached EFI in this thread on USB EFI
- install and change UUID, SystemBoard etc ( or i' need to change it before install ???)

Also i have RX560 radeon - do i' need to change something in config - regarding this card?

Thank you in advance - if some one can confirm or point me what i' is wrong.

Hi

As for UUID, SB etc, I do it later, but once done, I copy it to the stick. For the 560 no changes. Let us know how it goes !!

Hi

As for UUID, SB etc, I do it later, but once done, I copy it to the stick. For the 560 no changes. Let us know how it goes !!

Hey! tnx for response! Writing this from Catalina ;) Whole procedure was straight forward - super smooth ;)
Thx! to all members of this thread - great work!

Hm... another question... When I'm booting I'm in verbose mode... tried to find -V option but it's not in config file?!?!

I'm missing something here?

TNX! Again! Works ;)

Updated OpenCore to 0.6 - updated Catalina to 10.15.6 - just perfect... love this setup.

Last edited:
At first, thanks to @CaseySJ for the procedure and @FormerUser-594785 (I used your EFI folder)

Hi guys, my first post here :)
Writing this from my Catalina, all the procedure was straight forward

I was thinking to open a new post in Installation--> Catalina Desktop Support, but cause my motherboard cpu and GPU are exactly the same as you FormerUser-594785, then I add it here.

In resume, same mobo and cpu. Actually I see this platform super stable (like a real Mac?), did some tests using DAW, editing pictures, benchmarks, hardware virtualization. Everything works correctly, without glitches, no hangs, no black screen, no app errors and closing. Now this machine (still in testing) will be my daily work "Mac".

Things that still doesn't work.

Full USB ports, (still no time to fix it)

*this problem is not related to Catalina installation, but as you have the same mobo...

I can't enter to BIOS, tried "everything" even I flashed today to the last versión, the only way to enter BIOS, is disconnect the SATA HDD, SATA M2 HDD, unplug the RAM, turn on, wait... turn off, plug the RAM, turn on, and now yes.
This issue started to happen after I finished my installation. Do you have the same issue?

Like a real Mac, no BIOS :)

thanks again for all your effort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back