Not open for further replies.
F

FormerUser-594785

Update 19-06-2020.
See Post 19.

Update 22-09-2020.
See Post 83.

Hi everyone.
As the title suggests I installed Catalina 10.5.5 on this motherboard, and the system works quite well.

Hardware:
Asus PRIME Z490-P
I5 10400
MSI Radeon 560
Opencore 0.59

I have a few problems to solve ...
I dumped the DSDT with Ubuntu Live USB, and then I used SSDTTime to generate the SSDT that I needed.
I got some SSDTs from Opencore's guide.
When I boot on verbose mode I see that there are a few ACPI errors and also an OCS error.
I can't activate the UHD630 in Headless mode.
I don't understand if it's a BIOS error, because this BIOS only allows you to choose which video card to boot from.
So if I choose PEG, I don't understand if the IGPU is activated.

Audio works.
Ethernet works.
USB ports work.
Sleep Work

I ask the experts if they have any ideas on how to fix ACPI and OCS errors.
And fix the UHD630 in Headless mode.

A big thank to CaseySJ, because I started to do this installation from his files ...

Thank You.

Max

UPDATE 16-06-2020
OCS Error Solved.
Renamed Delete to Block in Kernel section.

UPDATE 17-06-2020
With new SSDT-EC.aml the HS13 error is gone!

Update 19-06-2020.
See Post 19.

Update 22-09-2020.
See Post 83.

Attachments

• ACPI Error.png
    ACPI Error.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 514
  • ACPI Warning.png
    ACPI Warning.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 469
  • OCS Error.png
    OCS Error.png
    793 KB · Views: 524
  • System.png
    System.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 570
  • VideoProc.png
    VideoProc.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 504
  • DSDT.aml
    286.6 KB · Views: 316
  • EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 863
  • IORegistry.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 317
Last edited by a moderator:
@FormerUser-594785,

Nice to see another Z490 adventurer. Let's address the various issues:
  • iGPU
    • There is no mention of iGPU in IORegistryExplorer. This suggests that it's disabled in BIOS.
    • Are you sure the Asus BIOS does not have an explicit setting to enable iGPU independent of "initial display output"?
    • If there really isn't such a setting, please switch boot video to iGPU and check or post IOReg. We're looking for iGPU@2.
    • WhateverGreen is enabled properly as we can see at the end of IOReg, so iGPU is most likely disabled in BIOS.
  • ACPI Errors
    • These may be due to other SSDTs. Please run Hackintool and export the entire ACPI table set as follows:
      Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 4.23.13 PM.png
    • After choosing a destination folder, please zip up only the .aml files (not .dsl) and post.
    • Also run this command in Terminal: log show --last boot | grep ACPI > ~/Documents/acppi.txt
      • This will create a file in Documents folder called acpi.txt
      • Post that file.
    • macOS is complaining about a missing USB device HS13. You've removed this device from USBPorts.kext. It may also be a good idea to temporarily re-enable HS13 and grab an IOReg dump just in case something is connected there. A built-in RGB lighting controller (Aura Sync RGB) might be using that port.
  • "OCS Error" in 3rd screenshot suggests a syntax error in the <kernel> section of config.plist. OpenCore 0.5.9 renamed <block> to <delete> for the ACPI, DeviceProperties, and NVRAM sections only. So if you had accidentally renamed it in the <kernel> section, then that would be an error. In the <kernel> section it's still called <block>.

Last edited by a moderator:
OCS Error solved!!
Renaming Delete to Block.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 10.15.22.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 10.15.22.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 376
@FormerUser-594785,
  • After choosing a destination folder, please zip up only the .aml files (not .dsl) and post.
  • Also run this command in Terminal: log show --last boot | grep ACPI > ~/Documents/acppi.txt
    • This will create a file in Documents folder called acpi.txt
    • Post that file.

Here the file.

Attachments

• ACPI from Hackintool and Terminal.zip
    89.1 KB · Views: 271
Some updates:
  • It would be good to use the attached SSDT-EC.aml
  • RHUB.H13 is original defined in DSDT.aml and subsequently referenced in SSDT-4.aml
    Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 1.53.52 PM.png
  • This is the only device for which an ACPI error is being generated in the logs. And it is also the only one that defines child devices.
    • Is there a USB 2.0 hub at HS13?
  • There are a number of Unsupported module-level executable opcode 0x70 at table offset warnings, but since they're warnings, it might be okay (for now) to ignore them. But something is fishy.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    196 bytes · Views: 352
USB:

Hi Casey
I have had many difficulties to map USB ports.
I have tried with USBInjectAll.kext + with XHCI Port limit Patch.
Result, no working USB port, and therefore I built a map by inserting all the ports (I hope) and especially the HS13 ...
and you were right there is the Aura Led Controller.
Do I have to leave it operational?
I can eliminate other USB ports obviously ...

Attachments

• acppi.txt
    74.1 KB · Views: 165
  • max’s iMac Comet Lake HS13.ioreg
    6.1 MB · Views: 166
  • Motherboard Layout.png
    Motherboard Layout.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 509
  • Motherboard Layout Contents.png
    Motherboard Layout Contents.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 334
  • XHCI Port Limit.png
    XHCI Port Limit.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 333
UHD 630:

As for the UHD630, unfortunately, the "IGPU Multi Monitor" parameter is missing from the BIOS Menu, and therefore in my opinion it does not activate when I use the AMD 560.
I tried with (HDMI), but as we know with Catalina 10.5.5, HDMI doesn't work.
In the next few days I try with a DP monitor.
(I'm not very happy with this ASUS choice ...).
In the attached image an example of how it should be. (for example in my ASUS X99 Prime-A, that parameter is there)

However, apart from the VDA Decoder that doesn't work, the graphics part works well.

Attachments

• Missing BIOS Menu'.png
    Missing BIOS Menu'.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 451
USB:

Hi Casey
I have had many difficulties to map USB ports.
I have tried with USBInjectAll.kext + with XHCI Port limit Patch.
Result, no working USB port, and therefore I built a map by inserting all the ports (I hope) and especially the HS13 ...
and you were right there is the Aura Led Controller.
Do I have to leave it operational?
I can eliminate other USB ports obviously ...
Asus has done something pretty clever:
  • They have indeed put a 4-port USB 2.0 hub at HS13.
  • They have hijacked port #3 of the hub for Aura LED controller.
Reason this is nice is that HS13, despite having 4 USB 2.0 ports behind the hub, counts as only one USB port in macOS. So they give you the Aura LED controller without sacrificing a port.

So HS13 should be kept ON. It should be set to Type 255 (0xFF) which means Internal.

We might even be able to create a liquidctl driver for Asus Aura. But that will require some "wire sharking" by someone sufficiently motivated!

So:
  • Enable HS13
  • Open IORegistryExplorer, scroll down to XHC section
  • Then plug a USB 3.x device into each USB port and note which one turns Green in IORegistryExplorer
  • Then plug a USB 2.0 device (must be USB 2) into each port and note which port turns Green in IORegistryExplorer
When you're done, you will have a list of all the active ports. All other ports (that did not light up in green) can be removed, except for HS13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back