Contribute
Register

ASUS Prime Z490-A Motherboard - Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was delivered yesterday (Monday), today my 27" curved monitor was delivered. I have everything here except my Fractal Design Define 7 XL which will be delivered tomorrow. In 2014 I bought a Fractal Design Define R4 Case, best case ever and I have used many cases since I built my first computer in 1997/98.

I am building this from Shiloh's build for Tristan. Same motherboard, CPU, and Memory. I will be using my currently AMD PULSE RX 570, I didn't see any reason changing that since I just purchased it and got running well in Catalina using display port. I also purchased a refurbished Spectra 27" curved monitor. Never used a curved monitor before. This thing really looks great, I cannot believe how good OSX looks on it.

I am using this build to replace my old DAW for Pro Tools subscription. I also use a Focusrite 8i6 and disable the onboard audio.

The last build I did was in 2014 believe it or not.

I currently have 2 Xeon 2660 V3 CPUs sitting here now not being used. I was going to build a dual socket system but after in depth studying and reading Shiloh's thread I decided to go with that 10 CPU instead of a dual system. I will eventually build a dual socket system this year but I want to see how this Intel 10 core holds up to all these plugins I use.

Anyway here is Shiloh's thread on this system. @fedello you might want to read this, very helpful

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ore-i9-10850k-64gb-ram-rx-5700-xt-gpu.309220/

Tonymac thank you for starting this website. I know you don't hear this enough but IMHO if it wasn't for you and others out there we all would be stuck using mickeysoft and their scam OS.

I am curious, will Clover work with this motherboard?

I am curious, will Clover work with this motherboard?
Yes it actually does on Intel 10th gen. Someone named Mald0n had one such setup on Catalina (google it). I ran a variation of his settings on mine and it worked fine - you had to use Mac Pro 7,1 settings with a few other special tweaks. Bear in mind however the new 11th gen Intel chips will not work with his 10th gen EFI setup (yet). As the 11th gen literally just launched its still undergoing testing in the hackintosh community.

Yes it actually does on Intel 10th gen. Someone named Mald0n had one such setup on Catalina (google it). I ran a variation of his settings on mine and it worked fine - you had to use Mac Pro 7,1 settings with a few other special tweaks. Bear in mind however the new 11th gen Intel chips will not work with his 10th gen EFI setup (yet). As the 11th gen literally just launched its still undergoing testing in the hackintosh community.
I decided to go with OpenCore. It's very simple once you get to understand the structure. No issues so far just some bugs between RAM & motherboard. Big Sur is running great!!

Tony, how far did you get with the Asus Prime Z490-A build? I am curious if you are working on a Clover setup because I read one person was able to do this so far.

Regards! I bought this motherboard recently due to a hardware change in the computer and I have to say that it works perfectly in OS X Catalina 10.15.6 but I can't get the OS X Mojave 10.14.6 installer to work, it stops at (End RandomSeed) Any help is appreciated, as I want to go back to OS X Mojave 10.14.6 due to incompatibility of some sound hardware devices that I have. Thank you! If someone has this board and needs help installing OS X Catalina through the OpenCore method, I can also help them.
I'm working on a similar build with this motherboard and a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580. I had the same exact issue with Mojave stopping at (End RandomSeed)... Were you able to get Catalina installed with Clover? I was able to get Mojave installed with OpenCore but I'm still having some issues and I like working with Cclover a lot better. The goal is to get Catalina installed with Cover and hopefully update to Big Sur!l

I've just successfully built another shmuckintosh with this exact MB(asus prime z490a) + i9-10900k + 5700xt and everything works fine
Nice!

I've just successfully built another shmuckintosh with this exact MB(asus prime z490a) + i9-10900k + 5700xt and everything works fine
Hello Wille,
Can you please share the EFI folder
Thanks

For the ASUS Prime Z490-A spoof Ethernet card via device id F2158680 in device properties for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0) and adding boot args dk.e1000=0 also alcid=7 resolve any problems. I can now to remove FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V and FakePCIID.

1631360827552.png

1631360876733.png

I have this motherboard and have been trying desperately for a week straight to disable secure boot, but it just will not disable. Can someone please help me out if you’ve gotten this motherboard to work and let you boot your installer from USB or SSD?
you can check out my thread in the BIOS forum for more detail if helpful, as I haven’t had anyone respond to me over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back