Contribute
Register

ASUS Prime Z490-A, Intel Core i9-10850K, 64GB RAM, RX 5700 XT GPU

Hey uniM!

Are you getting stuck at the OS install or at boot after installing OS?
First I would try disabling your eGPU and installing the RX 470 instead of the opposite.
Also you seem to have too many drivers in your EFI folder, too many useless drivers might mess up your installation or boot. Check out this awesome guide from Acidanthera about our specific Comet Lake builds.

BTW I found that OC 0.7.0 was much better than 0.6.5. But be careful not to mix OC versions,
your plist, drivers and kexts all have to be of the same OC version.

Here's a screen grab of my EFI folder.
Could you share your EFI folder, ( I will change sn and mb...) Thanks you in advance.

Could you share your EFI folder, ( I will change sn and mb...) Thanks you in advance.
You are welcome to try my EFI on OC 0.6.8. It's specifically set for Asus Z490 Comet Lake.
I've also added the AMD boot-args ready for Big Sur, so all it needs is the AMD card fitted
and serials/UUIDs. It's already worked for a few folks. Give it a try.

Attachments

• EFI for Big Sur 11.4 OC 0.6.8 Z490 Prime-A RHUB.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 99
Hey uniM!

Are you getting stuck at the OS install or at boot after installing OS?
First I would try disabling your eGPU and installing the RX 470 instead of the opposite.
Also you seem to have too many drivers in your EFI folder, too many useless drivers might mess up your installation or boot. Check out this awesome guide from Acidanthera about our specific Comet Lake builds.

BTW I found that OC 0.7.0 was much better than 0.6.5. But be careful not to mix OC versions,
your plist, drivers and kexts all have to be of the same OC version.

Here's a screen grab of my EFI folder.

Hey, thank you :)

After 4 days of search and pain, I found that I needed just to plug my graphic card in, but it didn't work with CSM disabled in BIOS. So I had to enable CSM, then my RX 470 worked, and than I finally could go through installation script. :rolleyes:

Would someone please guide me what do I have to change to use this build with the internal graphics? I have a Nvidia 1080Ti connected which I wish to use under Windows and have the Intel Graphics run my mac os. Any ideas?

Would someone please guide me what do I have to change to use this build with the internal graphics? I have a Nvidia 1080Ti connected which I wish to use under Windows and have the Intel Graphics run my mac os. Any ideas?
Great GPU which is unfortunately not supported anymore since High Sierra, even then Nvdia's driver were far from great. I would recommend switching to an AMD Radeon GPU instead. A Vega 56 or 64, or one of the newer 6800's or 6900's would work very well, since they are now supported in Big Sur 11.4. BTW there's a huge jump in performance from the Vegas to the newest generation, if you can find a card and afford it too...

Lots of info on this thread - and it's easier than it looks:

I followed this install guide exact and when I boot to install I get 4 OCS: No schema Errors, can someone help?

You are welcome to try my EFI on OC 0.6.8. It's specifically set for Asus Z490 Comet Lake.
I've also added the AMD boot-args ready for Big Sur, so all it needs is the AMD card fitted
and serials/UUIDs. It's already worked for a few folks. Give it a try.
It doesnt work, kernel panic. I dont know why. But, thanks so much

It doesnt work, kernel panic. I dont know why. But, thanks so much
Have you double-checked your BIOS settings according to CaseySJ's Z490 Vision D settings page? Also what BIOS firmware version are you using?

Are you booting with the AMD card in place? If you are you either should remove it first and see if it boots on its own, or if add in the following boot-arg if you are using it > agdpmod=pikera. Otherwise remove this boot-arg.

Have you set any CPUID emulate settings in place? If you are using Comet Lake on Big Sur 11.4, they can be removed.

Other issues others have encountered on the Asus Z490 seem to be either NVMe or USB. If it is NVMe, try adding in NVMEfix.kext into the OC/kexts section and/or SSDT-NVME.aml into ACPI. If USB, make sure SSDT-EC-USB.aml, USBInjectAll.kext and XHCIPortLimit is enabled, while disabling any other USB kexts ie. USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext.

If you still encounter problems, post a snapshot of what the kernel panic is referring to.

Any idea on how to install older OSX on this build?

Hi and thanks for your detailed guide !

I’m about to pull the trigger for this exact similar build but I still have some un answered question :

- Did you get continuity/handoff working ? I’m planning to actively use sidecar app with my iPad Pro

Anybody with similar specs could let me know please :p ?

Back