Contribute
Register

ASUS Prime Z490-A, Intel Core i9-10850K, 64GB RAM, RX 5700 XT GPU

I updated to OS 11.3 without any issues.
Before you update, you need to update your USB map.

Before you update, you need to update your USB map.

I didn't update my USB mapping and all my ports seem to work just fine.

I have updated, and I have problems with my USB port - speed and more.

@shilohh will you provide your BIOS settings? You can download it to external USB then upload the file. Much easier than explaining. I cannot get up to those GEEKBENCH numbers. Makes me wonder about something with the RAM ports on this motherboard.

To others above you may not appear to have USB issues. But, if you upgrade to 11.3, you will if you don't remap. I tried it without remapping, and I didn't have any working USB ports afterwards. Also, if you don't remap, you may not be getting the proper speeds.

Thanks so much. How can I remap my USB ports?? Thanks in advance.

I got my build up and running tonight after finding a problem with the prebuilt OC SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA. Thank you Shilohh for the guide and the files.

I’m having the same issue with Ethernet, however. I did as the OC guide suggested with adding a patch under Kernel in the config.plist, But, if I go into System Prefs, there is nothing found at all under network preferences. If I try to add+ a service, it gives me a Preferences Error: “There was an error in Network preferences”. My hardware checked out OK when I installed Windows on a different drive. I may have to go the WiFi adapter route as well.

I got my build up and running tonight after finding a problem with the prebuilt OC SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA. Thank you Shilohh for the guide and the files.

I’m having the same issue with Ethernet, however. I did as the OC guide suggested with adding a patch under Kernel in the config.plist, But, if I go into System Prefs, there is nothing found at all under network preferences. If I try to add+ a service, it gives me a Preferences Error: “There was an error in Network preferences”. My hardware checked out OK when I installed Windows on a different drive. I may have to go the WiFi adapter route as well.

If you are using Catalina, in addition to the patch you need to add FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext in EFI/OC/Kexts, as well as the following under Device Properties for the Intel I225V:

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 1.20.08 PM.png

Last edited:
If you are using Catalina, in addition to the patch you need to add FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I255-V.kext in EFI/OC/Kexts, as well as the following under Device Properties for the Intel I255V:

View attachment 517856

I borrowed the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext from Shilohh's downloads as I didn't see it on the OC guide anywhere and attempted to add to devices in my config.plist. It didn't seem to make a difference. I forgot to mention in my first post that I also did add the device id of F2150000 to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0). Do I possibly have the wrong device path? Excuse my ignorance but what app is your screenshot from that lists all the devices? If you can't tell, it's been awhile since I've attempted to build a hack. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
I borrowed the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext from Shilohh's downloads as I didn't see it on the OC guide anywhere and attempted to add to devices in my config.plist. It didn't seem to make a difference. I forgot to mention in my first post that I also did add the device id of F2150000 to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0). Do I possibly have the wrong device path? Excuse my ignorance but what app is your screenshot from that show lists all the devices? If you can't tell, it's been awhile since I've attempted to build a hack. Thanks for any help!
I see. Well it will make a difference (if you have the Intel I225-V 2.5GBe Ethernet port in your board), because I’ve got it going on both Catalina and Big Sur.

The app I’m using is Opencore Configurator 0.6.8 (May 2021). The section displayed is the Device Properties table. Although the Dortania guide doesn’t recommend it, I’ve found it to be quite handy.

Just a note in case it’s the wrong one for you - the Intel I225-V patch is only relevant if you have one of latest motherboards fitted with this 2.5GBe Ethernet adapter port. If you only have a regular Intel 1GBe adapter all you need is the latest
IntelMausiEthernet.kext (and no need for vit9696’s patch) and it should cover most requirements.

I see. Well it will make a difference (if you have the Intel I225-V 2.5GBe Ethernet port in your board), because I’ve got it going on both Catalina and Big Sur.

The app I’m using is OpenCore Configurator 0.6.8 (May 2021). The section displayed is the Device Properties table. Although the Dortania guide doesn’t recommend it, I’ve found it to be quite handy.

Just a note in case it’s the wrong one for you - the Intel I225-V patch is only relevant if you have one of latest motherboards fitted with this 2.5GBe Ethernet adapter port. If you only have a regular Intel 1GBe adapter all you need is the latest
IntelMausiEthernet.kext (and no need for vit9696’s patch) and it should cover most requirements.
I'll check out the OpenCore Configurator and see if I can dig a little more. I do have the I225-V 2.5GBe as I'm using the same motherboard as the golden build here. I do know that the Ethernet on this motherboard has given people a lot of headaches and that's what the majority of complaints were about in the reviews. Mine did seem to work fine when I previously installed Windows. From Dortania's guide it mentions this:
  • Note 2: If you get a kernel panic on the AppleIntelI210Ethernet kext, your Ethernet's path is likely PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
I'm not getting a kernel panic, but was wondering if maybe this could be it? I'll post back tonight or tomorrow after I have time to play around with it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Back