Contribute
Register

ASUS Prime Z490-A, Intel Core i9-10850K, 64GB RAM, RX 5700 XT GPU

Thanks shilohh, based on you guide I was able to install BigSur on the same HW. The only problem I have is the Ethernet. No way to have it working. The System Preference > Network > Ethernet shows it green, network works on house network (can access local NAS) but when I try to open a web page nothing happens...
I saw I225v Ethernet has many issues. Do you have any idea how to solve this?
Worst case I need to find a PCIe Ethernet card that works OOB.
Hey slender, were you able to get your Ethernet to work from the MB?

@shilohh, do you remember which OpenCore version you used for the USB? I'm getting a Schema Error that's not making sense. I did everything you said to the tee, replaced OCs USB directory with the one you provided. I am using same hardware as you except I'm using onboard graphics for now until I get OSX installed. I've doing it this way has always been easier.

This is the error I am getting:

OCABC: incompatible OpenRuntime r11, require r12 Halting on critical error

I used the .067 OC version BTW same one that is in your download.

Last edited:
Okay I just noticed you have the SSDT-X16_1-GPU.aml which I am thinking is for your 5500XT video card?

Last edited:
@shilohh, could you share your OC configuration?? Thanks you so much.

@shilohh, do you remember which OpenCore version you used for the USB? I'm getting a Schema Error that's not making sense. I did everything you said to the tee, replaced OCs USB directory with the one you provided. I am using same hardware as you except I'm using onboard graphics for now until I get OSX installed. I've doing it this way has always been easier.

This is the error I am getting:

OCABC: incompatible OpenRuntime r11, require r12 Halting on critical error

I used the .067 OC version BTW same one that is in your download.
Hey Roboman, had the same problem yesterday. You need to replace your OpenRuntime driver for the newest one in EFI/OC/Drivers. You probably mixed OC versions.

Thanks for your detailed guide @shilohh, great build!

I got ALMOST everything working only issue is the Ethernet port is not recognized.
I'm using both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_i225-V.kext AND proper entries in the config.plist.
But the Ethernet port isn't detected. Attached is my plist.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.
@shilohh, could you share your OC configuration?? Thanks you so much.
The OpenCore configuration is there in @shilohh's files, under Internal Boot drive.
Unless you mean his CPU overclock configuration...

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.6 KB · Views: 53
Hey Roboman, had the same problem yesterday. You need to replace your OpenRuntime driver for the newest one in EFI/OC/Drivers. You probably mixed OC versions.
I deleted the SSDT-X1-ARPT.aml and SSDT-X16_1-GPU.aml because I realize I don't have the WIFI nor the 5500XT so they appear to have been causing the issue. Now, it gets to the screen to install but whenever I go to boot the install the Apple loading screen shows up for about 5 seconds then the computer reboots. I looked in the config.plist and see that
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v agdpmod=pikera alcid=7 keepsyms=1</string>

has been already added. So, how come its not booting from verbose mode and was showing the Apple logo? It's located in the NVRAM subset.

Last edited:
I deleted the SSDT-X1-ARPT.aml and SSDT-X16_1-GPU.aml because I realize I don't have the WIFI nor the 5500XT so they appear to have been causing the issue. Now, it gets to the screen to install but whenever I go to boot the install the Apple loading screen shows up for about 5 seconds then the computer reboots. I am going to add -v to boot arguments to see what is going on and I am going to add some arguments that Open Core also suggest from reading their website.
I think you need the SSDT-x16_1-gpu it's not only for the 5500xt. I have a Vega and I'm using it and it works.
What is specific to the 5500/5700 is the pker boot arg, that you won't need.

I think you need the SSDT-x16_1-gpu it's not only for the 5500xt. I have a Vega and I'm using it and it works.
What is specific to the 5500/5700 is the pker boot arg, that you won't need.
Hmmm I think I am going to start all over. This is kinda very confusing in many ways I guess because Open Core is new to me, first time ever using it. Clover was so simple now I have to learn a whole new system. Apple is driving me away from them big time every year.

Hmmm I think I am going to start all over. This is kinda very confusing in many ways I guess because Open Core is new to me, first time ever using it. Clover was so simple now I have to learn a whole new system. Apple is driving me away from them big time every year.
Yes, I'm with you on that, Apple went from a cool non-comformist company making computers for creators to a mega corporation just wanting as much $$ as possible.
OpenCore is a different beast than Clover but it seems more stable, and it's still in its infancy. It forces us to do more research and understand what we are doing. The OC guides are pretty good and very detailed.

Besides Shilohh's guide, I used these:

Back