Contribute
Register

ASUS Prime Z490-A, Intel Core i9-10850K, 64GB RAM, RX 5700 XT GPU

That makes perfect sense with the iGPU. I remember reading that and never thought of changing it back to drive the main display. Makes perfect sense now. Thank you for helping me Fix that issue!

I still for some reason cannot get HDMI audio through my GPU though (AMD Raedeon R9 280). I also noticed the headphone phone is working fine now but when I had it on a different EFI build, it would change from "Headphone" to "Internal Speakers" when plugging in and out. Now it just stays on "Headphone". Is this correct?

I have attached my EFI.

Maybe have a look over this if its not too much hassle for you. Sorry for all these questions and issues now.

Really thought I would fly with this build, my last build was an Asus P8Z77-V LX which I build with clover (and was flawless) I did not have any of these issues...then again its my first time on OpenCore too...which I'm really liking!

Thanks for all your help so far again.

Just my last main issues with this are

No HDMI audio on my GPU (R9 280)
Machine cannot wake from sleep when using iGPU - wakes fine when on GPU (I think this is a common issue on 10th Gen Processors)
Audio output has no "Internal Speakers" just has "Headphone"

Cliff

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
@cliffDeane
When troubleshooting an issue like that, its helpful to look at IO Registry and see how things are loading. If you like you could open IOREgistryExplorer.app (you should be able to find a download around the community), save the file and post it.

Okay, have the IOREgistryExplorer file attached. Would you mind having a look at it and letting me know if I have done something wrong?

As I mentioned, my main issues are...not sure if this file will help fix these issues but fingers crossed!

Machine cannot wake from sleep when using iGPU - wakes fine when on GPU (I think this is a common issue on 10th Gen Processors)

Thank you,

Cliff

Attachments

• Cliff’s Studio Mac.ioreg
    10.5 MB · Views: 70
Okay, have the IOREgistryExplorer file attached. Would you mind having a look at it and letting me know if I have done something wrong?

As I mentioned, my main issues are...not sure if this file will help fix these issues but fingers crossed!

Thank you,

Cliff
It came through corrupt. Try resaving, zipping and reposting

Sorry, my bad.

Attached as a zip file here now.

Cliff

Attachments

• Cliff’s Studio Mac.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 70
Sorry, my bad.

Attached as a zip file here now.

Cliff
Try this SSDT. I updated the files for the guide with it too. I reattached your config with the ACPI/Add entry added back in.

Attachments

• SSDT-X16_1-GPU.aml
    215 bytes · Views: 82
  • config.plist
    21.8 KB · Views: 87
Thank you for doing that up for me. It boots fine with that SSDT but still no HDMI audio through the GPU and the headphone port bug is still there.

If I add this layout to my config (below)I can get HDMI audio but only HDMI audio and nothing else! The strange thing is that it take 2/3 minutes to boot with this layout which is strange.

I also added "Device-id" under "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)", it now recognises the iGPU name in Hackintool and I can also use the iGPU to test Geekbench scores too.

Also, when I disable "AppleALC" kext in my config, HDMI audio works but no other onboard audio is present.
If I boot the machine with the headphones plugged in, they come up as "Headphone" in system audio. If I boot without them plugged in they do not come up at all or work.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 11.42.02 a.m..png
    Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 11.42.02 a.m..png
    50.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Thank you for doing that up for me. It boots fine with that SSDT but still no HDMI audio through the GPU and the headphone port bug is still there.

If I add this layout to my config (below)I can get HDMI audio but only HDMI audio and nothing else! The strange thing is that it take 2/3 minutes to boot with this layout which is strange.

I also added "Device-id" under "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)", it now recognises the iGPU name in Hackintool and I can also use the iGPU to test Geekbench scores too.

Also, when I disable "AppleALC" kext in my config, HDMI audio works but no other onboard audio is present.
If I boot the machine with the headphones plugged in, they come up as "Headphone" in system audio. If I boot without them plugged in they do not come up at all or work.
Are you on Big Sur? I don't need to spoof any device ID's in big sur. All this makes me wonder if your front audio connector is bad (has a short circuit that is broken when plugged). You could try unplugging the header on the motherboard and see if everything else works.

Yep, on Big Sur 11.1.

If I put these values under device properties my headphone port switching and GPU audio works but its takes 2-3 minutes to boot the OS...which I feel is not normal. With your EFI it boots in under 10 seconds.

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 8.38.05 p.m..png

@shilohh

Thank you so much for the very detailed build guide. My system is almost identical to yours and your guide worked flawlessly! You saved me a lot of hassle and made the upgrade painless. You rock!

Back