Contribute
Register

ASUS Prime Z490-A, Intel Core i9-10850K, 64GB RAM, RX 5700 XT GPU

Anyone have any issues with upgrading to Sonoma?
I just upgraded to Sonoma to another SSD imported and upgraded both worked.
Now with 128GB of RAM. Only thing missing is SLEEP.

I just upgraded to Sonoma to another SSD imported and upgraded both worked.
Now with 128GB of RAM. Only thing missing is SLEEP.
I will be honest, since day 1 of having a hackintosh after Apple switched to Intel, I think I may have gotten sleep to work ONE TIME. I use Plex Server to listen to documentary videos while I sleep or music videos I have ALL saved on another SSD so I leave it on 24/7 unless I go out of town for the day then I shut it off.
IDK I just never tried to get sleep to work as I am dual booting with Windows 10 Pro also. Every time I tried to get sleep working I mess something up so I decided 10 years ago I don't need it.

Hi, I have the same hardware as TS, I've installed NVMe - WD 850x, cloned my system drive to it, copied EFI from system drive to NVMe. But when I try to boot from UEFI NVMe drive - it boots me from the old ssd instead.
I have NVMeFix.kext installed as well.

I'm sure there's an easy fix for this, but I just cannot find it :crazy: I've been searching this forum for hour and still can't find it. Please help :(

Attachments

• config.plist
    41.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I'm sure there's an easy fix for this, but I just cannot find it :crazy: I've been searching this forum for hour and still can't find it. Please help :(
well, Chat GPT told me it's not an "easy fix". Seems that problem is with proper NVMs partitions structure, and I need to install MacOS first on NVM and than restore required data from current ssd install..

Hello, yesterday I uploaded BIOS 2801 and big problems started. The system loads fine, but after a few seconds it reloads. I concluded that it was the fault of the built-in Ethernet card. When I turn it off in the SONOMA system, the system is stable.

With the previous BIOS (2601), the system and ethernet worked stably. I never added FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext

BIOS Settings:
Advanced\CPU Configuration: Intel (VMX) Virtualization Technology = Enabled
Advanced\System Agent Configuration: VT-d = Disabled

My hardware configuration: ASUS Prime Z490-A, Intel Core i9-10900K 3,7GHz, Radeon RX 6600XT, 32Gb RAM, KIOXIA-EXCERIA M-2 1Tb

I would like to ask for suggestions to help

Hello, yesterday I uploaded BIOS 2801 and big problems started. The system loads fine, but after a few seconds it reloads. I concluded that it was the fault of the built-in Ethernet card. When I turn it off in the SONOMA system, the system is stable.

With the previous BIOS (2601), the system and ethernet worked stably. I never added FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext

BIOS Settings:
Advanced\CPU Configuration: Intel (VMX) Virtualization Technology = Enabled
Advanced\System Agent Configuration: VT-d = Disabled

My hardware configuration: ASUS Prime Z490-A, Intel Core i9-10900K 3,7GHz, Radeon RX 6600XT, 32Gb RAM, KIOXIA-EXCERIA M-2 1Tb

I would like to ask for suggestions to help
The problem was solved by AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext :) but there is a problem of slow operation of disks connected via blue USB. I have a max transfer of 120MB/s :(

Back