i5-8600
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey!

Wondering if anyone has any sucessfull experience with the MKII edition of the Asus Prime Z370-A contrary to the MKI. The MKI is out of stock and wont be restocked in any of my available outlets. Read a post about someone getting a prime Z370-P MKII working fine without any problems. Dare i trust that the same is the case with the Prime Z370-A MKII?

Also, the 8600 is not in the compability list of CPUs, will that work fine as oppose to a 8600K?

Looking to build a new hackintosh for my music production. Gonna use a couple of older parts from my gaming rig. Current plans as follows, planning to install Mojave

MOBO: Asus Prime Z370-A II
CPU: Intel i5 8600 (older part)
GPU: Nvidia GT 710
SSD: EVO 970 plus m.2 drive (one 256 gb and one 500 gb)(Read that a newly released firmware fixes the issues with these drives)
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (older part)

Hey!

Wondering if anyone has any successful experience with the MKII edition of the Asus Prime Z370-A contrary to the MKI. The MKI is out of stock and wont be restocked in any of my available outlets. Read a post about someone getting a prime Z370-P MKII working fine without any problems. Dare i trust that the same is the case with the Prime Z370-A MKII?

Also, the 8600 is not in the compatibility list of CPUs, will that work fine as oppose to a 8600K?

Looking to build a new hackintosh for my music production. Gonna use a couple of older parts from my gaming rig. Current plans as follows, planning to install Mojave

MOBO: Asus Prime Z370-A II
CPU: Intel i5 8600 (older part)
GPU: Nvidia GT 710
SSD: EVO 970 plus m.2 drive (one 256 gb and one 500 gb)(Read that a newly released firmware fixes the issues with these drives)
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (older part)

I see no problems with your compatibility. The i5 8600 should work, being in the same family as the 8400 and 8600K. Your system should be compatible.

did you ever get this going, if so could you share your efi please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back