Contribute
Register

Asus prime Z370-A MK ii: 10.15.4 supplemental update black screen on wake and broken clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS WIFI
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EDIT: I finally narrowed down the two problems, and they were kind of surprising. The first concerning the graphics glitch shown in the picture below, was the result of a bug in which macOS doesn't seem to play nicely with a number of HDR displays. Unfortunately, there isn't much of a solution, other than toggling HDR on, and off while messing with the monitor's menu options; you'll probably have to erratically change the "picture profile" in order to fool macOS into thinking its settings were applied. As for not being able to wake from sleep, it turns out that my blue yeti pro was the culprit, as unplugging it magically made that problem disappear. That being said, if anyone has any insights on how to fix the state of HDR displays in Catalina, that'd be greatly appreciated.

So I've had my current hack up, and running now for several months, and it has been great up until now. I took the 10.15.4 update, as well as its supplemental update, and things went downhill really fast. For one, the dreaded, wake from sleep = black display issue has once again popped up, as well as an issue in which the display, if it does wake from sleep, has a weird color to it (the bug closely resembles the pink display problem). Moreover, clover will not boot into single user mode, or properly boot in verbos mode. The system will boot, but it's like the -v flag is being completely ignored. I cannot seem to figure out what's going on, but the situation is pretty bad (especially since at the start of this week, I had a rock solid build). Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated, as I can no longer get some of my work done; thank you to all who read this. I have attached a picture of the display glitch I'm experiencing below.

System specs:
Motherboard: Asus prime Z370-A MK ii
CPU: Core i5 9600k
GPU: Sapphire pulse RX 580 rev. 2 (This variant has a switch on the card for "gaming" and "compute" modes).
Storage: 2x Samsung 970 evos (500 GBs) and a 4TB HDD for data
PSU: Seasonic 750w 80+ platinum
Wi-Fi + bluetooth: Broadcom BCM 94630CD - works OOB
Ethernet: Intel i210 gigabit PCIE x1 - again, works OOB

IMG_1353.jpg

Last edited:
System specs:
GPU: Sapphire pulse RX 580 rev. 2 (This variant has a switch on the card for "gaming" and "compute" modes)

Which of the two BIOS modes are you using, or have you tried both?

I used an MSI Radeon RX580 for my first hack (working fine) and thought I'd create a second system using same components. But bought this Sapphire Pulse RX580 with the new Compute BIOS vs. Gaming BIOS switch, and haven't yet found which choice would be best for my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back