Contribute
Register

Asus Prime z370-a II mark 2 install issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure... Don't see many users with that card anymore...

I went ahead and ordered a Asrock Z390 PRO4 because I saw a post on here where someone had the same processor and that mobo and the efi folder he used is identical to the one I have, same system def and kexts and got his working. I really believe it is the mobo causing the issues, well I hope anyways. As I said before, I noticed there were people with the Mark 2 version of the mobo I have, like mine, was having reboot issues that the ssdt-ec patch helped, but not working on mine. I am sure between the 3 video cards I have and tried that work with 15.2 on all other hacks I got, that it prolly not that, if I still get the reboot after, will look into possible different cpu and or another rx 580. Appreciate all the help.

I'm not sure... Don't see many users with that card anymore...

I realized there is a new Unibeast so I tried it... so far after not rebooting for about an hour, this is where she is resting.... Does this maybe give any hints or clues to why it is not working. I did not change anything on the install usb that unibeast made.

Attachments

• 21091.jpg
    21091.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 35
I realized there is a new Unibeast so I tried it... so far after not rebooting for about an hour, this is where she is resting.... Does this maybe give any hints or clues to why it is not working. I did not change anything on the install usb that unibeast made.

I think you need SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
    278 bytes · Views: 57
I think you need SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.

I tried that, adding it to ACPI/Patched on the default Unibeast USB and it reboots at the same place, same messages as yesterday with all the EFI's I tried, including yours, most do not even have that ssdt patch. LOL this is crazy.... My new board should be here tomorrow... I am hoping its the mobo and not the CPU, like you said, there are lots of people with cpus that have no igpu and they work, like yours. I figured it was something I was doing wrong with making my own efi partition, but it seems no matter what I do.... This is my 6th Hackintosh (Obsessed with them, hoarding them lol) and didnt even have this much trouble with my first one... Even re-read the getting started and ssdt patching guide again in case I missed something... this one just above me. Lesson learned.... do research for ISSUES with the mobo you are wanting to purchase... I just searched for success stories for this mobo and now looking back, those are mostly the old version, the non mark 2 version.

I tried that, adding it to ACPI/Patched on the default Unibeast USB and it reboots at the same place, same messages as yesterday with all the EFI's I tried, including yours, most do not even have that ssdt patch. LOL this is crazy.... My new board should be here tomorrow... I am hoping its the mobo and not the CPU, like you said, there are lots of people with cpus that have no igpu and they work, like yours. I figured it was something I was doing wrong with making my own efi partition, but it seems no matter what I do.... This is my 6th Hackintosh (Obsessed with them, hoarding them lol) and didnt even have this much trouble with my first one... Even re-read the getting started and ssdt patching guide again in case I missed something... this one just above me. Lesson learned.... do research for ISSUES with the mobo you are wanting to purchase... I just searched for success stories for this mobo and now looking back, those are mostly the old version, the non mark 2 version.

I suspected that it may be GPU issue which is why I suggested trying the agdp=pikera boot argument... I guess we will see when your new motherboard arrives...

I suspected that it may be GPU issue which is why I suggested trying the agdp=pikera boot argument... I guess we will see when your new motherboard arrives...

Crap... I forgot you mentioned that... as for RX570's or 580's are there any issues with just running ones you can buy or are there certain models you need? It seems like any of my other builds with B350 chipsets, any 560, 580 I have worked without any issues... BUT, I do not want to part them out, just gunna pick up another one off amazon.

Crap... I forgot you mentioned that... as for RX570's or 580's are there any issues with just running ones you can buy or are there certain models you need? It seems like any of my other builds with B350 chipsets, any 560, 580 I have worked without any issues... BUT, I do not want to part them out, just gunna pick up another one off amazon.

On my PowerColor RX 560, the screen did go black at one point during the macOS install and it has also gone dark in certain parts of macOS updates. What I do is I just monitor the disk activity light and let the install or update finish. It automatically reboots and all is well. This happened before adding the agdp=pikera boot argument. There hasn't been any updates since I added that so I don't know if the boot argument helps or not...

In my personal experiences, the RX 560 and RX 580 were a tiny bit more finicky than my Vega or Radeon VII cards during installation and updates. Once macOS is installed the RX 560 and RX 580s I've used worked fine.

Your problem seems different than what I've experienced because the macOS installer doesn't even fully boot...

As for RX 570/580 compatibility, I think most work fine. Just check to see if XFX branded cards are compatible on the forum before making a purchase if you come across one of those.

On my PowerColor RX 560, the screen did go black at one point during the macOS install and it has also gone dark in certain parts of macOS updates. What I do is I just monitor the disk activity light and let the install or update finish. It automatically reboots and all is well. This happened before adding the agdp=pikera boot argument. There hasn't been any updates since I added that so I don't know if the boot argument helps or not...

In my personal experiences, the RX 560 and RX 580 were a tiny bit more finicky than my Vega or Radeon VII cards during installation and updates. Once macOS is installed the RX 560 and RX 580s I've used worked fine.

Your problem seems different than what I've experienced because the macOS installer doesn't even fully boot...

As for RX 570/580 compatibility, I think most work fine. Just check to see if XFX branded cards are compatible on the forum before making a purchase if you come across one of those.

Board came in and I tried booting with the efi from a guy who has same board and cpu and it did exact same thing... Gunna order one of the cards off the suggested hardware on here.... so far, looking like you are correct... it is narrowed down to cpu or video....

I ordered this one, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077VX31FZ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 , since I am not doing any graphics intensive things.

Last edited:

I FINALLY got it working!! Again, thank you for your patience! LOL... Oh man... what an adventure! First, I changed the memory, then the mobo to the Asrock Z390 Pro4, then the video to the RX 570 and STILL rebooted at same spot... Turned out to be the power supply I was using... it is a new 500 watt, but was a 10 year old model, so my guess, it did not like the i9.... I now am up and running on the Asrock z390 Pro4, RX 560, i9-9900kf.... ONLY issue is the imessage fix is not working like on the other hacks.... read that it might have to do with the asrock mobo... gunna attack that over the weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back