Contribute
Register

ASUS Prime H370M-Plus/CSM + Intel i7 8700 / HD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How do I know if my monitor is set to HDMI 2.0? It is a Samsung S24B300HL bought like 4 years ago. Do you mean that I should change the cable?
RTFM.

2. If I buy a display card like RX 560 (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072J422CZ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20), is it possible to support dual monitors output?
Yes but it should also be possible to support two monitors with your integrated graphics.

3. Also, if I removed the "HD630" injection, the display actually works but only with 7MB. Is it still related to the HDMI protocol in this case?
That is probably your graphics working in VESA mode - No acceleration.

RTFM.

Yes but it should also be possible to support two monitors with your integrated graphics.

RTFM.

1. I have the manual but I can find nowhere specifying the HDMI version nor to set it. I tried using a cable of HDMI version 1.4 and also 2.0 but neither work.

2. Would that display card need any difficult installation too? If it is easier I may just get it.

3. Is it possible that VESA mode support 2.0 while enabling acceleration would only support 1.4? I do not understand it.

1. I have the manual but I can find nowhere specifying the HDMI version nor to set it. I tried using a cable of HDMI version 1.4 and also 2.0 but neither work.

2. Would that display card need any difficult installation too? If it is easier I may just get it.

3. Is it possible that VESA mode support 2.0 while enabling acceleration would only support 1.4? I do not understand it.
I have no builds using HD 630 with High Sierra and have no further ideas on this subject.

I have no builds using HD 630 with High Sierra and have no further ideas on this subject.
I have one, running fine in my laptop build and the HDMI output is tricky too.
Thank you @P1LGRIM. I will get a display card in this case.

Hello, I have a motherboard, but a different processor I would like to know how to configure in biographies and in the files added in the EFI, I have done everything but nothing and I get the logo of the prohibited one can not do anymore
Give me a hand please
I need your help just in case you have the files share please

Hello, I have a motherboard, but a different processor I would like to know how to configure in biographies and in the files added in the EFI, I have done everything but nothing and I get the logo of the prohibited one can not do anymore
Give me a hand please
I need your help just in case you have the files share please

Yes, I have the same ASUS Prime H370M motherboard - let's see if we can do this.

Can you tell what you have done so far? Did you use Unibeast to install the mac OS?

I was able to install Mojave (18A391) with mobo ASUS Prime H370M-Plus, i5-8400. Only issues are:
- unable to shutdown (already tried all bios settings for asus mobo), tried also fixshutdown does not work. I think cpu is off but fan is still on. keyboard off, mouse off but cpu lights and fans are still running.
- unable to accelerate igpu of 8400. tried all combinations such as fakeids, smbios. always getting 7mb VRAM or black screen at login. I know OS is still running coz I was able to press caps lock on and off. pressed TAB 3 times then spacebar -- it will shutdown (keyboard will be off since I am not able to shutdown properly)

This is my first time hackintosh so maybe someone can give a hand? Thanks

Yes, I have the same ASUS Prime H370M motherboard - let's see if we can do this.

Can you tell what you have done so far? Did you use Unibeast to install the mac OS?

This is how I used unibeast and got here but the problem that I always get the forbidden logo after the apple appears

I was able to install Mojave (18A391) with mobo ASUS Prime H370M-Plus, i5-8400. Only issues are:
- unable to shutdown (already tried all bios settings for asus mobo), tried also fixshutdown does not work. I think cpu is off but fan is still on. keyboard off, mouse off but cpu lights and fans are still running.
- unable to accelerate igpu of 8400. tried all combinations such as fakeids, smbios. always getting 7mb VRAM or black screen at login. I know OS is still running coz I was able to press caps lock on and off. pressed TAB 3 times then spacebar -- it will shutdown (keyboard will be off since I am not able to shutdown properly)

This is my first time hackintosh so maybe someone can give a hand? Thanks

we have the same specifications only that I have the graphics card gtx 1050ti as you did ?. What method did you use, what kexts did you use?

Regarding shutdown on H370, take a look at @ zzmadd's comments on this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-rog-strix-z390-i-gaming-motherboard-specs.259848/page-9

The shutdown and restart problem is also occurring with the Z390 chipsets, which will probably get more attention now.

Please post your progress. We need to solve this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back