Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'd just like to say that I have the Asus PCI-N13 wireless N PCIe card working fully under 10.6.6. I used the top most driver at this link http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3. The card's chipset is Ralink RT2860. You have to use the utility in order to scan and connect to networks, but it works! And the adapter is fast too, so I can't really complain. Works great under Windows 7 as well. I found that to get it to install correctly, insert the card, run the installer and restart. Then run kext utility to repair permissions, and then the Network control panel will finally see the card.

Made me very happy to get it working!!!

Have you had trouble with the Ralink software not auto-rejoining network after reboot?

Not so far. I created a profile for the network I'd like it to join. I put the Ralink utility in my startup items, so it launches right away at startup, then it joins the network in the profiles.

I have the Asus PCIe N13 card also. I am trying to get it to work in a GA-X58A-UDR3 running S/L 10.6.6. Are you running in 32bit or 64bit? I am running in 64bit, and I have tried a number of different things and Ralink always says "No Device".

I'm running in 64 bit mode. Try adding another ethernet interface in Network (the card shows up as an ethernet device), then disable your main ethernet. That may get your machine to finally see it.

brewmattster said:
I'd just like to say that I have the Asus PCI-N13 wireless N PCIe card working fully under 10.6.6. I used the top most driver at this link http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3. The card's chipset is Ralink RT2860. You have to use the utility in order to scan and connect to networks, but it works! And the adapter is fast too, so I can't really complain. Works great under Windows 7 as well. I found that to get it to install correctly, insert the card, run the installer and restart. Then run kext utility to repair permissions, and then the Network control panel will finally see the card.

Made me very happy to get it working!!!

Awesome! I just got my Asus PCE-N13 wireless card working on my system with exactly what you said in the first post -- hugely appreciated! i was ready to return it tomorrow :clap:

Edit: Hmm... After toying with it for a few minutes, the internet is incredibly slow and frequently disconnecting. "Link Quality" jumps from 35% to 75%, and both "Signal Strengths" are constantly in the 25%-range. However, I also haven't finished the post-installation for my audio/network/graphics card. Any ideas?

I worked on mine for a good 4-5 hours and gave up. I have not tried either of these methods but this is my next step:

1) [$8-$12] Monoprice USB 802.11N 300Mbps (out of stock 3/3/11)
or
2) [$40-$50] http://x86wifi.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-build-your-own-real-airport-card.html

Note: I put the N13 card in a new Win7 machine build yesterday and it worked great. I did have one quirk: it detected my home network as WEP and would not connect. I had to manually create a wireless connection using WPA2 before it would work. :confused:

I am having the exact same problem as aFlockOfMoosen. Does anyone know a possible fix? I have toyed with it for a few hours now and I can't find anything.

trevorcollins0 said:
I am having the exact same problem as aFlockOfMoosen. Does anyone know a possible fix? I have toyed with it for a few hours now and I can't find anything.

I think it's just crappy drivers from the devs. i gave up on this... returned it and built my own airport card with the refund which is blazingly fast.

Ok question...I'm a total noob with the hackintosh stuff but...after about 4 hours of messing around with it and periodically looking things up online I've got everything working well. Except...neither my internal nor my wireless network card work under multibeast (using a gigabyte g41mt-s2p mobo and this here Asus PCE-N13 wireless). The interesting thing being, after following the above and installing the ralink wireless utility, I can use both my wired and wireless when booting from iBoot. I have gone back in to multibeast and installed all three of the available network options but nada...any suggestions? As a side note, this card is works just as well after iBoot as it has for months under windows 7 which is to say I can't even tell that I'm not hard wired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back