Contribute
Register

ASUS PCE AC88

Status
Not open for further replies.
It (ac68) is probably a device with support...
Yes...

A simple google search shows it is BCM4360... 14e4:43a0.
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_PCE-AC68

Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:~ rehabman$ grep 43a0 -R /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/
/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext//Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/Info.plist: <string>pci14e4,43a0</string>
What are you getting at?

I'm running on 2 hours sleep here, forgive me. Can I not add some codes somewhere or If stuff or hack something to get it to work?
Are you really saying just because Apple doesn't support it, it's impossible?
If ac68 can work, I don't see why Apple or for whatever reason we can't get the ac88 to work.
In simple terms, what do I need to do, to get this to work?

If ac68 can work, I don't see why Apple or for whatever reason we can't get the ac88 to work.

Apple could. The point is... they haven't.
Unless they have plans to use that chipset in their products, there is no reason for them to provide the drivers.

In simple terms, what do I need to do, to get this to work?

Install an ac68...

I don't want to install a ac88, can I code or hack to get the ac88 to work? Do Apples work for myself to get this thing working

can I code or hack to get the ac88 to work? Do Apples work for myself to get this thing working

Probably not (the fact that you're asking without having tried anything is quite telling...)

And in any case, not worth doing it... any fix would involve spoofing BCM4360 (using FakePCIID), so you would lose any additional capability provided by the newer chipset.

I wonder why Apple decided to support ac68, and if they are going to support the ac88.
Cuz you know, I don't really wanna go out and buy the 68 if theyll support the 88 eventually. Do you know when Apple supports more wifi cards?(like is there a batch coming up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back