Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there...
My Asus PCE-AC66 WiFi card does not work with my sierra. Pc card affords. But WiFi Unable to open. Help please.

Install RehabMan's FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (download from RehabMan's Bitbucket) using cVad's Kext Utility (download from cVad's website).
Then use mackie's Clover Configurator (download from mackie's website), mount ESP and edit the main config.plist. Enter the "Kernel and Kexts Patches" section and add the following 2 patches under "KextsToPatch":

1. Name = AirPortBrcm4360
Find = 81F952AA00007529
Replace = 81F952AA00006690
Comment = AirPortBrcm4360 fvco, 10.12, credit the-darkvoid

2. Name = AirPortBrcm4360
Find = 31DB4C3B7DD87512
Replace = 31DBFFC390909090
Comment = AirPortBrcm4360 whitelist patch (board-id), 10.12, credit RehabMan

Reboot. WiFi should work now.

Install RehabMan's FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (download from RehabMan's Bitbucket) using cVad's Kext Utility (download from cVad's website).
Then use mackie's Clover Configurator (download from mackie's website), mount ESP and edit the main config.plist. Enter the "Kernel and Kexts Patches" section and add the following 2 patches under "KextsToPatch":

1. Name = AirPortBrcm4360
Find = 81F952AA00007529
Replace = 81F952AA00006690
Comment = AirPortBrcm4360 fvco, 10.12, credit the-darkvoid

2. Name = AirPortBrcm4360
Find = 31DB4C3B7DD87512
Replace = 31DBFFC390909090
Comment = AirPortBrcm4360 whitelist patch (board-id), 10.12, credit RehabMan

Reboot. WiFi should work now.
Thank twixes..b I tried methods but still did not happen. Have another method you can suggest?

Thank twixes..b I tried methods but still did not happen. Have another method you can suggest?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thanks RehabMan.In addition Files ..

Attachments

• All Files.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 98
Thanks RehabMan.In addition Files ..

The ioreg shows that WiFi is working (natively supported BCM94360 is installed). What is the issue?

Wifi symbol hollow. The command opens the WiFi data by giving no response.

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2016-10-17 23.40.56.png
    Ekran Resmi 2016-10-17 23.40.56.png
    545.2 KB · Views: 224
sorry to necropost, but i have the same card with the same problem (and i do not see FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, but did get the latest FakePCIID.kext.

have the kexts been combined?)

nevermind that section i see it in the zip :D

i made the changes and i ended up with red text all over my screen, i removed nv_disable=1 to see if that was the cause and that seems to have solved the issue?

i read for my card to enable that option so macos would use my card natively, currently does not appear to be, but this clover config change did not fix my wifi either.

it is stuck with an empty icon and clicking turn on wifi does nothing, still lists as third party wireless card in system information, but with status: off.

going to try enabling kext-dev-mode=1 and have clover detect kexts to load instead of yes.

Last edited:
Following this I've gotten 2.4ghz use of my wifi, temporary fix I suppose.

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/40md3n/broadcom_bcm4360_stuck_at_status_off/

Maybe the kext from El Capitan will provide ac or lead to a Clover patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back