Contribute
Register

Asus P9X79 Pro | Intel Core i7-3820 | ATI Radeon HD 5870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus P9X79 (not Delux or PRO) | Intel Core i7-3820 | GTX 560 (EVGA) I can't even

Asus P9X79 (not Delux or PRO) | Intel Core i7-3820 | GTX 560 (EVGA) I'm unable to even load the Mac OS 10.6 installer after I boot up using iBoot or iBoot-legacy.. The issue.. the installer (10.6) resets the system and I'm back to BIOS/System login... I did checked P9X79 BIOS settings are the SATA is set to AHCI.. what else I'm missing?

Could you please let me know what's the BIOS version and any suggestion as I get blank screen while loading the Unibeast installer and sometimes get blank screen with system restart..

DO i need to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No option.. ?

Please suggest...

I'm getting ready to build a X79-based hackintosh on the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe. Being a noob and all, I'm confused about compatibility. It sounds like there isn't an issue installing mountain lion with UniBeast and MultiBeast, and booting with a DSDT mod. But someone told me that without a speed stepper kext or NullAICPUPM kext I would get a kernel panic on boot. And he also said I would need a BIOS mod for power management.

Can you help clarify and assist me with this? Should I use a different board instead?

Thanks.

I'm getting ready to build a X79-based hackintosh on the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe. Being a noob and all, I'm confused about compatibility. It sounds like there isn't an issue installing mountain lion with UniBeast and MultiBeast, and booting with a DSDT mod. But someone told me that without a speed stepper kext or NullAICPUPM kext I would get a kernel panic on boot. And he also said I would need a BIOS mod for power management.

Can you help clarify and assist me with this? Should I use a different board instead?

Thanks.

Hi There,

I own P9X79 pro with 3930K. I never get kernal panic while using. Only problem I am having is the USB3.0 and it will be get fixed with 10.8.2. Because my friends tried the beta and he have it working. I have updated the bios to the latest one and never had any issue with that either.

Hi There,

I own P9X79 pro with 3930K. I never get kernal panic while using. Only problem I am having is the USB3.0 and it will be get fixed with 10.8.2. Because my friends tried the beta and he have it working. I have updated the bios to the latest one and never had any issue with that either.

But power management is not working, correct?

Any idea when it will be available?

Thanks!

Could you please give us the steps in detail on ASUS P9X79 Pro + 3930 setup for hackintosh install. Most import is how you made the audio to work and how your friend made the USB3.0 to work with 10.8.2.. please.. Thanks in advance..

Also please tell us what options/DSDT/KEXT you selected in Multibeast.. and the links..

Hi guys,

I get Bluetooth working on P9X79 Pro even with Cold boot.

No need of any Windows nor Linux.. :D

Trouble is that Atheros 3k Bluetooth device need a firmware to be loaded prior to run. That's the reason you usually need a Windows boot before (windows do it).

Luckily, I found an old post of a guy, who found an OSX solution.

I downloaded it package and... it works!! :D

I attached his work on this post (in case of deletion of legacy posts).

Here is instructions:
1) Download
2) unpack ZIP archive
3) Run terminal and change dir to your Downloads directory:

cd ~/Downloads

(No, you can't just click "install" script in Finder -- it requires to be run with sudo. If you click it, it will just exit.)

4) Go to unpacked directory

cd ath3k-firmware-uploader

5) Install (will require admin rights)

sudo ./install

6) Shutdown, do power-off, power-on, and enjoy native bluetooth right from the start

Here is the link: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18410

Attachments

• ath3k-firmware-uploader.zip
    187 KB · Views: 331
Need some help here:

Having a problem with getting kernal panic from whatever I try on the p7x79 pro
Jams at Iopcifamily.kext then says mac os version not set.

I did the republic of gamers dsdt and voodoo patch
Plus the smbios edit for the 6 cores to be identified

Before I did the bios update from .rom to .cap
I was able to login to OSX but with everything acting a bit gimmicky.
Then I updated, and now kernal panics

I cannot rollback the bios, though someone said usb flashing with the file renamed as Erall.Rom would be a manual rollback, but didn't work.

Can somebody name me some other things i could try that could work?
thats not doing a fresh install (already tried that)

hi bro ,I'm trying to install mac os x ML, i have the same p9x79pro and i7 3820 , but my vga is nvidia 630gt 4gb zotac synergy edition , and i have also 9500gt,

with 630 im having nvidia error root something ,but when i installed the old 9500gt that issue is not there any more ,but i can see the apple logo for almost 5 second then i have black screen and monitor is going to sleep , any idea bro can u help me i almost read all this posts but still didn't plz plz plz help Me
thnx

my system is
asus p9x79pro
i7-3820 3.6 ghtz
nvidia 9500 gt
kingston 8x2 16gb hyperx blu 1600hrtz

Asus P9X79 (not Delux or PRO) | Intel Core i7-3820 | GTX 560 (EVGA) I'm unable to even load the Mac OS 10.6 installer after I boot up using iBoot or iBoot-legacy.. The issue.. the installer (10.6) resets the system and I'm back to BIOS/System login... I did checked P9X79 BIOS settings are the SATA is set to AHCI.. what else I'm missing?

Im having the same problem black screen in verbose boot or infinite apple logo! Super annoying and frustrating! Can someone tell me how to just get into the OSX Mavericks installer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back