CPU
i5 3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am wondering if you can do a triple-boot off three individual drives at full speed SATA III. You can at least do a dual-boot of individual drives at full speed, but I'm not sure how this works with the Marvell controller for this motherboard.

I am wondering if you can do a triple-boot off three individual drives at full speed SATA III. You can at least do a dual-boot of individual drives at full speed, but I'm not sure how this works with the Marvell controller for this motherboard.
i have moved your post to multi booting

i have moved your post to multi booting
Thank you. I thought I had posted in the correct area. I will post to multi-booting for future reference. I originally posted in buying advice, because I do not own this motherboard, but I have thought about buying it.

Thank you. I thought I had posted in the correct area. I will post to multi-booting for future reference. I originally posted in buying advice, because I do not own this motherboard, but I have thought about buying it.
no worries, I couldn't tell from your post if you were looking for buying advice or if you needed help in setting up :)

I have noticed that the Asus Z87-WS also uses this exact same Marvell chip. From a post on another thread about the Asus Z87-WS, it seems that one might be able to boot off ports connected to this chip. However, I can not confirm that this is the case for this motherboard, and I can not test for anything else, because I do not have an Asus P9X79E-WS to test with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back