Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys!

Is anybody using a ASUS P9D WS for a hackintosh? How does it work?

Cheers,
Dogman

I did. But no entry found regarding this board. Does that mean I'm not allowed to ask?

I'd love to build a Xeon Haswell with ECC memory, but unfortunately Gigabyte does not build ECC boards...

I did. But no entry found regarding this board. Does that mean I'm not allowed to ask?

I'd love to build a Xeon Haswell with ECC memory, but unfortunately Gigabyte does not build ECC boards...

No, probably means no one has tried it.

I have build a hackintosh with a P9D WS mainboard.
Only front USB 2.0 usb stick is not recognised in Mavericks.
When I boot with front USB stick plugged in the USB stick is recognised.

I'm able to run OSX Mavericks 10.9.0 at Xeon E3 1230 v3 but with some difficulties - probably caused by motherboard Asus P9D WS and more probably by lack of knowledge.
Before install I had to set (in UEFI setup) USB Intel xHCI mode from Smart auto to Enabled else installation USB flash disk (Kingston USB 3.0) wasn't accessible by OSX although it was accessible from UEFI shell (after install I restored it back to Smart auto)
I'm able to boot using Chameleon with -x param (I didn't try other boot loaders yet), without -x boot process stops in the middle. Maybe I should try other boot loaders.
When using -v -x boot params together I saw also that kernel reported this CPU as not known (something like it is family 3C and power settings won't probably work) but that is not much important yet.

You have to install the AppleACPI rollback 10.8.1 to boot without -x

@wimenpiet
Many thanks for the idea!

I'll be very happy if I manage to boot via UEFI, not CSM.

I have installed clover bootloader with the P9D WS mainboard.
This works for efi and non efi boot on usb, but on harddisk it doesn't work.
The AppleACPI rollback 10.8.1 isn't needed anymore when booting from USB
(patched bij clover bootloader).

I can't seem to get my board to work with El Capitan and those settings you have mentioned, could you someone help me please?

I have an Asus P9D WS
and a 4790K Haswell Intel processor

Please move your request for help to the El Capitan support forum - this forum is for buying advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back