Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Build Experience & Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i got most working with minimal work but i updated to 10.8.3 and it broke my sound now i cant get it to work =/ im not worried abut thunderbolt i just want my sound thats like it lol

ok sooo i fixed it just thought id tell u how, i assume when i installed 10.8.3 it over-wrote the appleHDA and HDAenabler1 kexts with new ones and it broke my sound, to fix it u simply delete the new ones and put the old ones back via multi-beast and problem solved, by old ones i mean the only appleHDA.kext and the HDAenabler1.kext that multi-beast installs when u select the ALC898 (without DSDT) option.

TIA for those that are willing to help me out with my new build. I have for my build the follow hardware:

MB: Asus P8Z77-V Premium Bios 1805 w/patch
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16GB GS Trident X 2400mhz
HDD: SamsungPro 256GB
GPU: (2) Asus GTX670DC2 Top
But I will be using the iGPU for the first time setup do to I have a Thunderbolt Monitor that I also will be using for the first time configuration.
Keyboard:Apples wireless key pad
Mouse: Apples Trackpad

I have download from the apps store ML 10.8.3, now my request is the follow: Can anyone with this MB type can show or post the setting in BIOS for a good and successfully install ML 10.8.3 also can someone post the screen shot of his or hers Multibeast setup, TIA guys.

Hey.. wondering if you'll have a chance to update your first post. I've got very similar components to you and am curious with your changes.

Thanks!

I am working on updating it now. Its a major rewrite since I am switching ALL tools I have used in the past to my current setup that is going for a vanilla UEFI (no BIOS legacy) /w DSDT edits, a few minor Clover options, and as few kexts as possible. You can see the beginning and the basic framework. Not quite sure where this is going, but I am now optimistic everything can be enabled and get working including Wifi and Bluetooth 4.0 assuming I can get some help from a few people. It will still be a bit of a hodge podge, but thats the life of a hackintosh owner.

ok sooo i fixed it just thought id tell u how, i assume when i installed 10.8.3 it over-wrote the appleHDA and HDAenabler1 kexts with new ones and it broke my sound, to fix it u simply delete the new ones and put the old ones back via multi-beast and problem solved, by old ones i mean the only appleHDA.kext and the HDAenabler1.kext that multi-beast installs when u select the ALC898 (without DSDT) option.

For now I am just using VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and living with its shortcomings. It may not have JACK sense and needs input gain tweaks, but at-least it works consistently and reliably with minimal fuss. I will be switching over to a more longer term and "vanilla" solution latter as time goes on. Until then I suggest not using the multi-beast utilities because they are out of date and not quite for our platform. Its not a knock against TonyMac, its just these tools are really designed for Gigabyte boards running 10.8.3 right now.

TIA for those that are willing to help me out with my new build. I have for my build the follow hardware:

MB: Asus P8Z77-V Premium Bios 1805 w/patch
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16GB GS Trident X 2400mhz
HDD: SamsungPro 256GB
GPU: (2) Asus GTX670DC2 Top
But I will be using the iGPU for the first time setup do to I have a Thunderbolt Monitor that I also will be using for the first time configuration.
Keyboard:Apples wireless key pad
Mouse: Apples Trackpad

I have download from the apps store ML 10.8.3, now my request is the follow: Can anyone with this MB type can show or post the setting in BIOS for a good and successfully install ML 10.8.3 also can someone post the screen shot of his or hers Multibeast setup, TIA guys.

Sure I will do this as an Appendix when I get around to it. I think Asus UEFI supports screen shots and I will try to add those. Might even make a YouTube video series if I get that far. As for iGPU there is currently some strange behavior between how OS X handles multiple graphics sources since its not like Windows or Linux (hence the auto setting in Asus firmware). Generally speaking I recommend going into your UEFI menu (F2 or Delete key during POST) and dropping into the advanced menu. Under a tab (I think its called Advanced) there is a Systems Agents menu with a graphics subsystem series of options. Since your using the iGPU override the "auto" setting to iGPU, disable virtualization, and give it a nice VRAM size like 128 or 256 MB. Generally speaking Chameleon & Clover can auto-configure a single graphics source without the need for DSDT edits... but when you get to wanting multiple sources it gets confused and panics.
I am not sure offhand if you need GraphicsEnabler=yes or GraphcisEnabler=no set for the iGPU to function correctly since I have only used it on three occasions to bypass an issue with 10.8.2 & my Radeon GPUs during install that no longer exist. You may want to try the PJALM DSDT approach I link to in my (still in progress) tutorial re-write. Just follow the instructions on making the ASUS DSDT for our platform there and get the repository for the graphics DSDT patches here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/100182-pjalms-dsdt-patches.html
After applying the P8Z77-V Premium edits go under graphics and find the HD4000 edits and apply those. I haven't tried them myself but they should in theory take care of any configuration issues a GraphicsEnabler=yes setting might not be implementing yet depending on your revision of the boot-loader.

Hi, I don't know anymore if this is the right place to post or ask for help.
I am 'idiot' as I don't know what I am doing and I don't know why I need to do it.
In this very moment I am completely lost after the installation.
I was able to install ML on my Vertex 256 GB SSD memory on an ASUS P8Z77-V mainboard with 16 gb or ram.
I have done something (but I am not even sure I did it correctly) to load the DSDT taken from pjalm's repository following this guide combined with the Multibeast guide in the official installation guide for ML
In Multibeast I have chosen 'UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation, as Audio Drivers I have chosen ALC892 (as my mainboard's manual says ALC892 8 channel high definition codec) and for Network I have chosen Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet v0.0.90

I haven't chosen anything else, of course I had the DSDT.aml file in my desktop.
Now when I boot my machine (which boots only in safe mode) I can't see anything.. like the videocard was broken.
I am totally lost, I don't know what I should do or what I should have done... because I am completely ignorant about these things and I can't find answers to my problems in the forum because I don't even know the questions.
I hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance:banghead:

Hi, I don't know anymore if this is the right place to post or ask for help.
I am 'idiot' as I don't know what I am doing and I don't know why I need to do it.
In this very moment I am completely lost after the installation.
I was able to install ML on my Vertex 256 GB SSD memory on an ASUS P8Z77-V mainboard with 16 gb or ram.
I have done something (but I am not even sure I did it correctly) to load the DSDT taken from pjalm's repository following this guide combined with the Multibeast guide in the official installation guide for ML
In Multibeast I have chosen 'UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation, as Audio Drivers I have chosen ALC892 (as my mainboard's manual says ALC892 8 channel high definition codec) and for Network I have chosen Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet v0.0.90

I haven't chosen anything else, of course I had the DSDT.aml file in my desktop.
Now when I boot my machine (which boots only in safe mode) I can't see anything.. like the videocard was broken.
I am totally lost, I don't know what I should do or what I should have done... because I am completely ignorant about these things and I can't find answers to my problems in the forum because I don't even know the questions.
I hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance:banghead:

The TonymacX86 tools aren't designed for the Asus P8 series as such I don't recommend using them, HOWEVER that being said I will try to see what I can figure out for you. There are no DSDTs in pjalm's repository. He offers DSDT patches that require you start with a clean DSDT with most of your main-board components enabled to function properly (that is find every component the patch is designed to correct and give the proper values to OS X). However, I think you are getting into trouble elsewhere. Completely ignore the install guild for ML for anything other then the Gigabyte boards because IT DOESNT WORK.
If you look at the first post in this thread you can see the work in progress for my new guide. Look at step 2a and I am pretty sure that is the one they skipped the kext fix or perm fix for in the tonymac guide. Just look at the link I provided in the step and follow the instructions there. Remember you will need the latest UEFI firmware update from Asus' site for your motherboard and after your done making the patched motherboard firmware update file make sure your file is named Z77VB.CAP before trying to do the USB BIOS Flashback & not Z77VB.CAP.CAP (sometimes the extension is hidden under OS X or Windows) and also not the name I give because you have a different motherboard then this thread covers.
The last problem I could see is there is a setting not being passed to OS X, the tonymac boot-loader is dropping a table it shouldn't be, or there is a setting thats wrong with the bootloader. The most common problem is slide=0 isn't being set as an option in my experience. Also generate C-States and P-States needs to be set if you don't have the speedstep disabler kext installed.
Try these things first.

P.S. your motherboard doesn't use a realtek ethernet device, it uses an Intel® 82579V. See specs here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77V/#specifications

Thank you, I hope you have received my personal message :)

Thank you, I hope you have received my personal message :)

I cant reply since you disabled the ability to receive PMs. I would have to decline your offer though for ethical and legal reasons though. I hope you have a better experience soon with your hack mac though!

I got a similar mobo as yours... P8Z77-V (plain), although with a GTX 680...

I am simply unable to get the system to boot: it hangs on a white screen before the installation screen.

I tried pretty much *everything*. From all BIOS settings. to patching my own BIOS and DSDT, and using Tonymac's tools and Clover.

The last thing I tried was all the steps you mentioned: I have my own patched BIOS (which I did with PMPatch), my own DSDT (from PJALM's repo) and the FakeSMC.kext and Apple*Ethernet*.kext on the USB drive (which I restored 10.8.4 to and installed Clover afterwards, with the settings you mentioned).

Again, same result: the system hangs when it's about to display the installation screen - it hangs on a white screen with the mouse cursor at the top left, beach ball....

I simply don't get it... I've tried all sorts of methods, tools, BIOS settings and boot options. I've tried with the HD4000 GPU only, none of the other hardware connected... to no avail... it hangs on the white screen... and the messages right before don't tell me much... they all seem "normal" (if there's such a concept speaking of a hackintosh)...

Is there anything you can think of?

I am seriously thinking about giving up after trying the steps you mentioned. These steps seemed quite different and I thought it would work, but I'm surprised to see that it still has the same effect: my system hanging on a white screen.

Thanks in advance!

if you see this, it means its worked,

C:\>PMPatch.exe \P8Z77-V-PREMIUM-ASUS-2003.CAP \P8Z77-V-PREMIUM-ASUS-2003PATCHED
.CAP
PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement module at 00434CB8 patched.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00791960 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
CpuPei module at 007D1960 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

only one module needs to be patched,

however when ive been trying to boot in to osx ML, i have to boot in to it using -x, alsoooo, it hangs if i dont do that, annnd i have not found anything to fix it yet, also all the drivers and things to do on this post dont work for me, yet im using the same board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back