ASUS P8z77-v - powermangement issues - final tweaks - High Sierra 10.13.6

Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 3000
Hi all,

I have OSX 10.16.3 running nicely on the following system, with the exception of a few issues.

My hardware specifications are:

Asus P8Z77-V (https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77V/specifications/)

Intel i5-2500k (integrated HD3000 gfx)

16gb Corsair 1600mhz Ram

2x Samsung 120gb SSD's

1x 3tb Mechanical Drive.

Apogee Duet 2 USB

The installation method so far was:

-Created boot USB using Unibeast.

-Set optimised defaults in BIOS.

-Booted from USB and installed OSX.

-Rebooted from installation in verbose mode.

-Installed kexts from Multibeast.

The issues so far are (everything is working apart from):

1.> Power Management- Fan management does not seem to be working- the system seems generally louder. Definitely louder than in Windows.

2.> Shutdown and restart do not work properly. Example- when hitting restart the desktop display freezes until the restart is performed (there is no screen alteration to indicate a restart is being performed) then the system eventually restarts but is often accompanied by a hang which requires a hardware reset/power off. When shutting down everything displays as it should and the system shuts down- however when powering back on the system has a blank screen and no activity.

3.> Alternating boot types - The system seems to load one of either two forms of OSX- quite possibly caused by restart/shutdown issue. The two forms are as follows: a)At the apple logo loading screen the progress bar reaches 1/3rd and the system boot promptly and runs much better, including load all saved preferences- e.g. custom desktop background. b) The apple logo loading screen progress bar loads completely, more slowly, the system starts slower, upon entering login password the display screen tears somewhat, a different background is loaded (the default high Sierra), and performance is sub par compared with a).

4.> I need this system for audio work and as such any assistance I can get for final tweaks/fixes/ and optimisations will be greatly appreciated.

If any more information is required please ask- I have the skill and am happy to provide it. Ideally I would like to complete a full setup guide for this board as a contribution to the community and will strive to update this post as I go along. I have enjoyed the process so far.

I look forward to your responses.

Thanks & kind regards