Contribute
Register

ASUS P8Z77-V LX Overclock won't/doesn't apply

Status
Not open for further replies.
After finally investing the time to do a fresh install of Mountain Lion 10.8, I attempted the overclocking procedure to no success. I am having the same problems as User: Sdnd, where the Overclock does not apply.

The multiplier has been changed to x40 with the BCLK at 100. The BIOS registers a 4000MHz turbo setting, but the HWMonitor app only shows a multiplier of x34, and the speed remains at 3400MHz.

I attempted to delete the NullCpuPowermanagement.kext but the system kernel paniced. Moreover, I installed the PatchedAppleCPU.kext found in Multibeast 5.0 and the issue with the Overclock persists.

Any thoughts?

Try:

OK heres the file i was talking about. Heres how to fix speed stepping

1. Install patched Bios for your motherboard
2. Delete NullCpuPowerManagement.kext
3. Install DSDT (Make one or find it through the database)
4. Install SSDT from multibeast depending on your processor
5. replace the .plist file in:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/

with the one provide.
6. Change smbios so that your computer is recognized as iMac 12,2. Make a backup of your smbios file just incase something bad happens.
7. Replace CPU Powermanagement.kext with the one provided.

I think thats everything. This is confirmed to work on ASUS P8P67 3.1. If i forgot anything just let me know :)
paperclip.png
Attached Files

• zip.gif
    AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip (74.9 KB, 10 views)
  • zip.gif
    iMac12_2.plist.zip (2.6 KB, 11 views)

You will need the patched CPUPM kext.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump for resolution. Please see the Original Post for my resolution towards the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back