Graphics
GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I failed to install Mountain Lion on an Asus P8Z77-V LX system. I read most of the posts in this forum. Either the installation on similar systems worked smooth or failed. Unfortunately I could not find any fixes.

My system:
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX
CPU Socket: Intel Sockel 1155
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
RAM: 16 GB (4x 4 GB) DDR3 (1600 MHz)
SSD: 120 GB 2.5" (SSD) SATA 6Gb/s
HDD: 1.0 TB 3.5" (HDD) SATA 6Gb/s

BIOS:
Version: 1306
SATA Mode: AHCI

I created a "UniBeast USB" according to this link with no legacy settings:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I booted from my "UniBeast USB" with the following switches: -x -v -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

After a few seconds the installation process stops, these are the last lines on the screen (typed it from the screen):

Code:
using 64-bit bootcache playlist
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
ACPI_SMC_PLatformPLugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING:  IOPLatformPluginUtil : getCPUInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a --  power management may be incomplete or unsupported
com_lnx2mc_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address 30:85:a9:9c:a5:37

Any help is much appreciated.

Vdue

here are screenshots with different switches:

-x PCIRootUID=1

-x PCIRootUID=0

-x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Attachments

• DSC_3086_PCIRootUID=1.jpg
    DSC_3086_PCIRootUID=1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,195
  • DSC_3087_PCIRootUID=0.jpg
    DSC_3087_PCIRootUID=0.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC_3088_PCIRootUID=0_GraphicsEnabler=No.jpg
    DSC_3088_PCIRootUID=0_GraphicsEnabler=No.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,198
cant install with the gtx660, but you can add it after installation, and after installing nvidia drivers.

for installation, remove the gfx card and use the onboard graphics, using the dvi or hdmi port

Thanks Doubletrouble,

should I replace the GTX 660 straight away against something what works ?

Vdue

Disconnect power cables from the power supply to the gfx card, boot to BIOS and set First Init Graphics to iGPU. set iGPU Memory to 64Mb. Save&Exit.
Move the display cable from the GFX card to onboard connector. Boot with -v -f only.
If you get to desktop, immediately update to 10.8.2 to get native support for your gfx card. Shut down and reconnect PCIe power cables to the gfx card, boot back into BIOS and change First Init Graphics back to Auto and move display connector back to the graphics card.
Post results.

Disconnect power cables from the power supply to the gfx card, boot to BIOS and set First Init Graphics to iGPU. set iGPU Memory to 64Mb. Save&Exit.
Move the display cable from the GFX card to onboard connector. Boot with -v -f only.

BINGO, it is installing... keep you posted (I hope that I do not need to bother you with the next steps) :)

Vdue

Guys,
got again stuck:

did the UniBeast boot
partitioned the SSD via Disk Utility
installed ML

system rebooted
boot from fresh OSX partition
got stuck at "Your Internet Connection"

Cannot establish a LAN connection, the LAN cable is Ok, tried it from a different computer. BTW, GTX 660 is still not installed and BIOS is not re-configured.

Shall I continue or reboot (reset button) and try again ?

got stuck at "Your Internet Connection"

Cannot establish a LAN connection
No, finish the configuration and worry about the ethernet later. Choose the option that "this computer does not have internet". You may have to click the button in the bottom left corner of the window to find that option. Finish the configuration and then at the Desktop, run Multibeast.

I managed to get into the LAN and to download MultiBeast

configed MultiBeast w/o DSDT

EasyBeast
Sound ALC888 w/o DSDT
Graphics GTX 670 driver
Network Lnx2Mac

got from MultiBeast Ok
a RealTec window popped-up and the system froze

Now sh$$ happened, without or with GTX 670 installed the system freezes or panics

Re-installed the whole system again (GTX not installed, BIOS as previously on 64MB)
Crash

Tried with GTX installed and BIOS changed to Auto
Crash

I get into the boot loader

I am close but not close enough :(

According to Asus, your sound chipset is ALC887.

In Multibeast, there are two different drivers for Realtek ethernet - Lnx2Mac Realtek and Realtek Gigabit. I think you need Realtek Gigabit instead of Lnx2Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back