Contribute
Register

ASUS P8Z77-V LK with GTX 660 Ti, can't boot without safe mode (-x) and GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77
CPU
Intel i5 3570 @3.4Ghz
Graphics
NVidia GTX660 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, I hope someone can help. As the subject says, I have an ASUS P8Z77-V LK with GTX 660 Ti, and I can't boot without safe mode (-x) and GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I upgraded from a perfectly working Mavericks installation, following the instructions in the upgrade guide.

I am running the latest BIOS for the board, v.1402, with what I believe to be the recommended settings.

When I try to boot outside of safe mode, it halts without any apparent error message, the last line in the console is just the Ethernet kext completing start-up:

IMG_20141019_222720.jpg

When I try to boot with safe mode, but without GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I just get a grey screen with a (movable) mouse cursor.

Here's my Multibeast set-up:

Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 11.29.55 PM.png

Any ideas? Many, many thanks in advance!

try using dart=0 and usekernelcache =no

in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
change <key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>
<Key>usekernelcache</key>
<string>no</string>

Wow, seems to have worked! I already had tried various combinations with -f and UseKernelCache=No, so it must've been the dart=0 flag that did it. It's weird, because I thought that was only necessary if you didn't disable Intel Virtualization Technology (IVT) in the BIOS, which I had already done.

But in any case, we have a successful boot. Thanks!

Update on progress. Had problem (that seems to be shared by many) of various USB ports not working. This was fixed by using Rehabman's Generic USB3 kext v1.2.8d9 (GenericUSBXHCI.kext). Search for that for a download link.

Still having problem with no sound, ALC892. There are no input or output devices listed in the control panel. I tried the driver from multibeast 7, and those from 6.4 and 6.0.1 (which some people reported success with.) No love. Sound works fine in Mavericks and Windows installs, though DPCI manager shows no codec:
Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 10.08.12 AM.png

If anyone has any ideas about that one, please let me know. I also tried installing the voodoo kext (latest version 2.8.4) but I got a system dialog saying it wasn't installed correctly right after running Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back