Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon HD 4550 512MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I posted this as a comment in another thread accidentally, following the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/93064-success-asus-p8z77-v-lk-core-i5-3570k-gtx-660-a.html

A few people in another thread have had some problems that sound similar to mine. This isn't my first Hackintosh build, but the first with this set of hardware, so I'll try to be as descriptive as I can.

My boot from Unibeast-made USB is failing just after AICPUPM times out (see screenshot). Other than -v, I have tried -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0, and all three. None seem to make a difference.

I have a ASUS P8Z77-V LK paired with a temporary Celeron G530 Sandy Bridge. I have reduced the hardware down to a single 8gb stick of ram, only a SATA hdd on one of the chipset-supplied ports, no graphics card, keyboard and mouse plugged directly into USB 2.0 ports on the back. The USB installer is also plugged into one of the USB 2.0 slots.

My bios settings are optimized defaults, AHCI on, usb->xhci auto, ehci handoff enabled, secure boot disabled, igpu with 64mb mem, also disabled audio and serial for good measure.

I have tried using the unmodded 800ish bios that the board shipped with, and then using PMFlash and FTK tools to mod and flash with 908 and 1001 versions, no effect.

I'm not sure it matters, but the HD has 3 partitions - the 100mb windows system partition, and empty 40gb partition, and then a 110gb windows partition (in order). I've tried the drive plugged into both 3g and 6g ports on the board, no effect.

I have also tried this using a different USB drive with 10.8.0, every USB set on the board.

I'd appreciate any tips on what to try, I can tinker with it if I can just get to the damn install screen Thanks in advance.

I would just try changing USB slots despite they are 2.0 or 3.0... make all the possible tests, the USB drive matters a lot, it is the most important one. I can boot from it only if it is in one specific slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back