Graphics
MSI GTX 780 OC Gaming Edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys, i was trying to install snow leopard using iboot and a retail DVD. iBoot boots fine, the problem is when i insert the DVD the installation immediately show me this error (see pics).
My machine is an ASUS P8Z77-V / 4GB RAM / MSI GTX 660 Ti

Do you guys know how can i solve this??

Thanks!

Attachments

• WP_000186.jpg
    WP_000186.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 509
  • WP_000189.jpg
    WP_000189.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,226
There is no support in SL for Ivy Bridge boards/CPUs in OS X. It is possible to install if you use iBoot Legacy + retail SL install DVD.

There is no support in SL for Ivy Bridge boards/CPUs in OS X. It is possible to install if you use iBoot Legacy + retail SL install DVD.

Ok, i will try legacy iBoot then.. I'm doing this so i can update to mountain lion, is this the only way to get to install ML?? I also have a .DMG ML image that i can burn into a DVD, can i just install it with iboot? Or the unibeast method is mandatory??
I also have a .DMG SL 10.6.6 that i can use to do a clean install. Will this work with multibeast??

Thank for your help!!

Ok, i will try legacy iBoot then.. I'm doing this so i can update to mountain lion, is this the only way to get to install ML?? I also have a .DMG ML image that i can burn into a DVD, can i just install it with iboot? Or the unibeast method is mandatory??
I also have a .DMG SL 10.6.6 that i can use to do a clean install. Will this work with multibeast??

Thank for your help!!

runner.rl

You may want to read this
But I think this would answer you queation on the Z77 Chipset - in which "Going Bald" as answered this -
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2130

Some of the issues that are prevelent w this MB relate to the Apple App store ( not recognizing your system - and also not booting ) meaning that you will have to use and iBoot cd to boot up - also its reported that the sound is non functional as kexts for this newer codex are not available for osx 10.6 SL.

It's reall a nightmare compared to Lion or Mountain Lion install and use and functionality.

I have tried all the methods that are listed around this forum, but nothing :( i'm getting the same error over and over again.. I don't know how people with same config as mine could install without troubles and I can't do it! I'm seriously thinking about giving up on this :( I have no tricks left by now!

I have tried all the methods that are listed around this forum, but nothing :( i'm getting the same error over and over again.. I don't know how people with same config as mine could install without troubles and I can't do it! I'm seriously thinking about giving up on this :( I have no tricks left by now!

runner.rl

This issues you have on this project are the same that other have faced and have stunbled upon..

If your still trying to get oSX 10.6.X installed - which is need to get OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, then I suggest you Goggle these terms
"How to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard on an Ivy Bridge Hackintosh (experimental) " if you find this page as I did; it will have the date
October 12 2012 on the page.

This method is supposed to work and appears to have been tested - one thing -we here at TMX86 "should not discuss other methods" per teh Rules and Reg's - if it works then get to the Apple App Store and purchase the Ml file and make a USB drive to install it -

Now outside of this method - to make the USB thumb drive you need a Mac on Lion or 10.7 - as I dont think you can purchase ML and download on a ML OS that is running - anyone test this!!!

OR a hack in similar state - either running OSX SL or Lion.

These can be desktop or laptop it dosent matter.

Adittionally the screen shots appear to be related to the ACPI or CPU power management -

These occour as the OSX has no Kext to use to regulate this duing install ( an after as well) This is somewhat of a common problem even w older hardware like mine when I built my hack.

Whats needed is to use a Chimmera Startup Switch or switchs to get around this.
This is - Best Startup Switch for inital install from iBoot w Apple DVD - space and dash along w case matters.
-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000
You may need to change the PCIRootUID to a Zero (0) for SB and IB cpus - and optionally the npci= is not needed ( but could be if issues are w the GFX card ) for internal GFX driven by the CPU ( I suggest you remove the GFX card initally ) less headaches.

Guys, i was trying to install snow leopard using iboot and a retail DVD. iBoot boots fine, the problem is when i insert the DVD the installation immediately show me this error (see pics).
My machine is an ASUS P8Z77-V / 4GB RAM / MSI GTX 660 Ti

Do you guys know how can i solve this??

Thanks!

runner.rl

More info on your Ivy Bridge issues

We have a new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge that supports the Ivy Bridge line of CPU's and this should allow you to get to install SL and then allow You to get to the APP store an download - make - and install a UniBeast flash Drive.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-guides/78960-install-mac-os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back