1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi, I am kind of lost.
I have installed ML, it boots only in safe mode still through the usb key as it doesn't want to work independently yet.
I have created my DSDT file through this guide here: http://pjalm.info/creating_a_dsdt.php
It is in the desktop now. I have opened MultiBeast, but I am not sure I have understood how I should use the DSDT file...
At this point can I connect all my hardware on my computer? It is very uncomfortable to add and remove things from it and I would love not to have to do it anymore, so I wait for your confirmation before I proceed :)
Thanks in advance

Update: I think it was enough to have the aml file in the desktop when I installed MultiBeast.
Now I have a bigger problem, in fact I cannot longer boot ML because the screen is all unreadable and frozen as it finishes booting. :banghead:

Further information in using the DSDT file :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...d4000-working-ivy-bridge-powermanagement.html

This is one of Pjalm's own Asus builds - this should help you understand the DSDT bit of the install. NOTE, this is a different Asus motherboard and may use DIFFERENT MultiBeast settings!

I hope this helps get you past the DSDT part. Need to know which processor that you are using for further bios help.

The search feature (top right os screen) is a great tool. Enter motherboard model number and COMPLETE processor model to find further info (i3 3225, i7 3770, i7 3770K)

Adrian B

Thanks, I think I have worsen the situation... there are so many things to be aware of and so much information that I have missed something somewhere.
I thought my patched bios didn't work because the suspend mode was not working so I thought to restore the original bios, and I went to the ASUS's website to download it.. I have restored and now it is locked... I have heard that it is locked for ever with no chance to unlock it. Apparently ASUS locked the bios with this upgrade.
I now don't know if I should continue with this mainboard or if I should buy a better compatible one... I am wasting so much time on this thing that I start to regret to have bought ML (since I hate it but I still hate it less than Windows) just to install it in my machine (SL is not compatible with my hardware).
My CPU is an i7 3770 and I have 16 gb or ram (2x8) which are in slot 2 and 4 (according to apple's system information) and I believe are causing issues too. I am looking for a flood crying emoticon but I can't find it... :banghead:

Bump :)
I am still lost... somebody told me it is easy, but I am battling since 3 weeks now...
I am considering paying someone who knows very well this stuff and can assist me through skype
I need a computer that works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back