cwestpha
samisnake
breathless19
wfj
Gordo74

start
create unibeast installer using guide here:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/2011/1 ... using.html

You cannot use the usb ports on the back of the case to install this if using a usb installer, use one of the 1314 header (i.e. front ports)

BIOS settings:

AHCI
HPET enabled

Multibeast settings

mb.tiff

I personally haven't used the audio kexts or network kexts in multi beast due to the fact that I use a usb audio interface and have a dedicated network card which is mac native so I don't need them.

getting a geek bench score of around 12k with 16GB ram i7-2600k and 6870. Was hoping this would be higher but there we go, still not anything to cry about.

Also hopefully we will be getting a dsdt modified for this board as well.

Will update this thread with more when we get further on this board.

If any problems post the verbose screen and I will try and have a look at it for you.

Update
Khan has now developed a dsdt from the one I extracted from my board. Get no kp with it and seems to work, although not sure as to what it changes exactly as of yet.

If you'd rather use the updated dsdt instead of the easy beast setting I have also attached it.

Update
Have now updated to 10.7.4 and also running an i7-3770k cpu

Got this working using the bridgehelper, which is just basic following guides, however you need to keep the NullCPU kext (bridgehelper will remove this) to be able to boot. Then once booted use the 10.7.4 speedstepper patch in multibeast. Now P-states are working and posting a geekbench score of around 16k

Untitled.tiff

Attachments

• mb.tiff
    194.4 KB · Views: 918
  • test.aml
    42.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Untitled.tiff
    456.8 KB · Views: 471
Re: Asus P8Z77-v deluxe - working 10.7.3

Glad to hear it is working :thumbup: . On the DSDT I only did very basic edits so that it would compile with no errors. I used the tools from http://www.olarila.com/forum/. I applied the DTGP, IRQ and "New HPET" patches ONLY.

Hi tom.humphrey!

You gave me nice news. I wish buy this motherboard with i7 2600k.

So, you said:
I use a usb audio interface and have a dedicated network card which is mac native so I don't need them

1- I'm a video editor and I need a good audio card, the kexts doesn't worked or you didn't tried?

2- Where can I buy or how can I make a dedicated network card which is mac native?

3- I'll use a corsair SSD 120GB as disk boot, can I have boot problems?

Thank you for reading,
Unicornio.

Hi unicornio.

1. I havent tried the kexts as I have no need for them as I have a set of B&W MM1's which are a usb audio interface (and brilliant too)

2. Sonnet make a few (I use one on my hack)

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/compu ... hernetpcie

3. You shouldnt do with that.

Hope that helped.

tom.humphrey, thank you.

I have other questions:

- The P8Z77-V Deluxe bluetooth work with OSX Lion?
- Why I can not use the SSD to boot the system?

I haven't played around with it enough to get the bluetooth or the wifi working but no it's not native.

Sorry, was in a rush meant you shouldn't have any problems with the ssd.

hi, can you create an updated guide with the latest multibeast and stuffs :) thanks

Hi, updated. Is still the basic install but using also the 10.7.4 speedstepper patch to get p-states working and bridge helper if you're using an ivybridge cpu (like I am now)

Hope that helped

are you using 1206 bios for the DSDT you uploaded? i'm getting kp in multibeast, it proceeds to install and then when it's almost finish it KPs.. do i need nullcpu? i'm using sandy bridge at the moment.. also i can't find HPET in the bios..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back