Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
Could somebody tell me where im going wrong with my DSDT for my P8Z77-i motherboard, i7 3770K cpu, GTX 660 ti?
Ive extracted the DSDT and cleaned it and applied the Patches written by toleda that i got from GOING BALDS Thread on hes P8Z77-i build.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...5-3570k-mountain-lion-asus-p8z77i-patches.zip

The problem I have is everything is working, HDMI audio is fine and when i put the system to sleep its goes to sleep as it should and then wakes up 2 seconds later.

The bios seems setup right and the DSDT looks correct and done as per the guide explains yet it will not stay asleep.
If somebody could tell me where im going wrong that would be fantastic?

Thanks to everybody for all your help over the year and merry christmas to you all :) :) :)

P.s Im using a modded bios version 0801 and running osx 10.8.2

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 187
The problem I have is everything is working, HDMI audio is fine and when i put the system to sleep its goes to sleep as it should and then wakes up 2 seconds later.

P.s Im using a modded bios version 0801 and running osx 10.8.2
I have not installed 0801.

Two suggestions:
1. Install the native 0801 dsdt.aml and verify sleep/wake. If sleep/wake works, goto step 2. If not, the choice is find a fix for 0801 or downgrade to the previous working BIOS.
2. Download the HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit (current) from Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT. Apply the edits, install, restart and verify keep/wake.

Reply with results.

theaudiogod,

I also have an Asus P8Z77-I, modded BIOS version 0801, Mac OS X 10.8.2 that wakes 2 seconds after it sleeps. I tried disabling WiFi and Bluetooth but sleep still fails.

Any success in fixing sleep?

Did you try downgrading the firmware per toleda?

theaudiogod,

I also have an Asus P8Z77-I, modded BIOS version 0801, Mac OS X 10.8.2 that wakes 2 seconds after it sleeps. I tried disabling WiFi and Bluetooth but sleep still fails.

Any success in fixing sleep?

Did you try downgrading the firmware per toleda?

I am still testing at the moment but so far I have tried everything bar downgrading the bios and nothing has fixed the problem so far.

I stripped the system back to basics with the hardware and removed all connected usb devises so nothing was connected the USB ports bar bluetooth with no luck,
I've remade the dsdt trying it in basic form with no hdmi audio and with audio with no luck,
I've tried making the dsdt myself using the guide supplied by toleda still with no luck,
So that really only leaves the bios now to downgrade and test.
My problem now is where do I find an older modded bios and as I type I realise I can just ask samisnake, :)

Toleda, what bios revision do you think I should try dropping down too?
I hope you had a nice Christmas fella and thanks for all your help. :)

Thank you so much,
I shall give that bios a try as soon as I can and report back.

Did you try 0508? Does sleep work?

I am hesitant to go further without some advice for fear of screwing things up more. (see SL to ML screwup for efforts to date.) I don't have the experience yet to delve into editing plist or SSDT gen etc.

Two days ago after updating to the 0902 BIOS, I did a USB BIOS Flashback from the repo. I was able to get into ML only by -x GE=No after that.

Since I have tried various patched DSDT's using MultiBeast. So many that I don't really know which is which anymore. The first patch - I believe - was just with PJALM's repo for my mobo. Then I tried to patch it with the graphics repo. At present, I can still get into ML 10.8.3 only with -x GE=No. I thought the graphics patch was supposed to fix that and I wouldn't have to select the various other options (like in GoingBald's Guide) in MB. samisnake made good points there, but after reading and rereading over and over again, I don't believe I have all the steps right, especially about starting with a "clean" DSDT in MaciASL to patch.

At some point no combination of boot flags would get me anything but a black screen until I booted from UniBeast USB with -x GE=No DSDT=Null. I reverted to what I think was the DSDT from two days ago, patched graphics, and with -x GE=No I'm in. BTW my GTX660TI was removed, monitor connected to DVI.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back