CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hi guys i made the USB key of Mavericks and now when i boot to install it works till the apple screen with spinning wheel after that i goes in garbled display into top half and i can not do anything, so any ideas about what boot flags would work. thanks

Hi,
I have the same problem with the same specs! Any solutions?

hi guys i made the USB key of Mavericks and now when i boot to install it works till the apple screen with spinning wheel after that i goes in garbled display into top half and i can not do anything, so any ideas about what boot flags would work. thanks

First makes sure the BIOS is set to First init display = IGPU / IGFX and the integrated GPU memory is set to 64M.
If problem persists, try booting with

-v GraphicsMode=1920x1080x32

You might also want to read http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...uide-asus-p8z77-i-i5-3570k-mountain-lion.html

I wouldn't think there would be much difference in installing Mavericks - BIOS settings are the same either way, but new MultiBeast may take some comparing and thinking about for best settings.

Still the same problem... I've installed ML using your instruction about month ago - everything was great man! I've tried upgrading it with unibeast - nothing worked, so I've erased my ssd and now I'm trying to do a clean install of the Mavericks. I've managed to launch installation with GraphicsEnabler=No iGPEnabler=No, the installation was completed and now I can't run the maverics. :(

Finally managed to solve the problem! To launch unibeast installation I used GraphicsEnabler=No iGPEnabler=No. After installation was finished - the same problem was found again: GraphicsEnabler=Yes iGPEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 - and I got Mavericks screen! :) Then I used your Multibeast preset and set the resolution - everything works just great! :thumbup: Thank you Going Bald!!! I think now you can update your instruction for Mavericks. ;)

I think now you can update your instruction for Mavericks. ;)

I would do so if I still had the build, but without being able to run it and test for myself, I think best to not edit the post for Mavericks install. Would not want to post instructions that might not work when I can't test to make sure.

You are welcome to post your solution on that thread if you wish, however.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back