Contribute
Register

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3 Build- having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I downloaded Multibeast 5.1.3 installed, Audio, Fermi, cpu sandybridge i7, PCIroot UID Fix 1 and fixed the text file from 1 to 0 after all that I installed the NVidia Mac drivers and once it was done I rebooted and it keeps crashing again. so I have attached a photo of my crash after reboot. I don't know what I am doing wrong here? but everything should of worked.

Attachments

• WP_20121227_001.jpg
    WP_20121227_001.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 325
Ok so I downloaded Multibeast 5.1.3 installed, Audio, Fermi, cpu sandybridge i7, PCIroot UID Fix 1 and fixed the text file from 1 to 0 after all that I installed the NVidia Mac drivers and once it was done I rebooted and it keeps crashing again. so I have attached a photo of my crash after reboot. I don't know what I am doing wrong here? but everything should of worked.

Hi xd4v3x,

You were looking too much into it...you shouldn't need to use PCIRootUID=0 for the Nvidia card. This is only needed for use by the Intel card. That's why I did not include the string in my instructions.

If you can change it back and take out the PCIRootUID reference it should work. But it looks like you probably also need to install the AppleACPIPlatform.kext rollback from MB 5.1.3, which will prevent the system crashing. I had to install it for my P8Z68-VPro board.

In theory it should all work. If things still don't, it looks like you may need to install OSX again. However this time you should be able to install straight from the Nvidia card....

Last night I found a working string for my GTX 660 which is a direct install from the USB with the Nvidia, so it should in theory work with yours.
To do this, boot with your Unibeast USB stick, and type in the following to boot into it:

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

That should allow you to get straight into the installer.

p.s. I notice also you don't seem to have USERDSDT? Did you add this in MB for your install? It's important.

Hello Middleman,

I have also included userdsdt, so I got it to stop crashing by doing installing the OSX, then once in the OSX installed the Nvidia video card drivers first then rebooted the computer, then installed Mulitbeast- userdsdt, without dsdt for audio, PCI root ID Fix also which I changed in the file to 0, and installed ssdt sandy bridge core i7 , but now what my problem I am now having issues when I shut it down and turn it back on it stays at the Apple logo screen and the circle on the bottom spinning and not booting into the OSX.. but when I boot in by -x boots back in safemode just fine..

so your saying I should reinstalled OSX, before booting into the installer type in "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000" run the installer and once I am in the OSX, installed the NVidia video card- reboot, and then install multibeast minus the PCI Root ID fix? and that should fix it???

sidenote: U mean USERdsdt in multibeast right? what do you mean add it to your motherboard?

Thanks for you help btw.

so I just ran that command you told me to do. and just goes into a black screen mode and my screen turns off instead of the installer.

so I just ran that command you told me to do. and just goes into a black screen mode and my screen turns off instead of the installer.

Xd4v3x,

Okay let's start again....

I said IF you have a WORKING INSTALL of OSX WORKING WITH NVIDIA CARD (which you DO now) then you DON'T NEED TO reinstall OSX. What you will need to do is install the AppleACPIPlatform.kext Rollback from one of the Multibeast options then boot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 using the Nvidia. If it works, the APCI Rollback kext should stop both your bootup problems and shutdown issues.

Now if the above works, you'll need to edit them into your /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and add/edit them as a Kernel Flag with Textedit like this (if they aren't already there):

Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

As to the reason you got a black screen using -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 is because this command is for use with the Unibeast installer stick IF YOU ARE INSTALLNG WITH THE NVIDIA CARD PLUGGED IN AND DISPLAY CONNECTED TO THE NVIDIA DVI PORT. If you are using the Intel DVI to install from DO NOT USE THIS COMMAND, but use -v -x BuiltInEthernet=Yes PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

And yes I did mean installing USERDSDT with Multibeast onto your HD

Ok so this is how installed OSX ML on my system: and now getting the hang on the apple logo instead of a crash screen.

Boot off my unibeast thumbdrive.
Type in command: PCIRootUID=0 GraphicEnabler=No -x ( that how I got in for the install)
Install OSX Reboot
Boot Off Unibeast
Switch to the hdd type command in for booting to the OSX: PCIRootUID=0 -x
Boots in the OSX
First thing I do is Install Nvidia Video card drivers from Nvidia: Reboot
Switch agian to the hdd type command in for booting to the OSX: PCIRootUID=0 -x
Then open MultiBeast:
Select USERDSDT
Select withoutDSDT AUDIO ALC892
Select PCIRoot ID Fix which I also edit the text file from 1 to 0
Select Sandy Bridge Core I7

so when I do all that and reboot for Multibeast now I just get the apple logo with the circle idling

-------------------------------------------------------------------
so if I add AppleACPIPlatform.kext which I didn't see in Multibeast??

and edit org.chameleon.boot.plist
and Im guessing to add this command on the bottom of the list?

"Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>"

it should all work by doing this as well.. just want to make sure I got it all right from reading your comment :).

Thanks again.

Ok so I followed ur step and now it get the apple logo with the circle idling, than it goes into a black screen mode.

kernel panic on appleintelcpupowermanagement

did you follow going bald's post on the first page?

Yes Samisnake I did. but I got an error from trying to update the bios saying Efi not complitable? but it did notice on the file name that it had "./" beinging of the file. I wasn't to sure if I had to remove that before applying the update to the bios. because I didn't want to fry the board and order a new bios chip. also another thing when I downloaded from that site it had the asus bios 3606 update, which I thought that was the modified bios file but there was a folder called macosx. which had that "./" char in front of the file name. so a bit lost on that update.

the ./ file is hidden.
you dont want to flash that one.

what you need to flash is the file called P8Z68-V-PRO-GEN3-ASUS-3603.ROM

once that is flashed, youll be able to boot in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back