Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68-v (almost working, need help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
mac
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6xxx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So a friend and I started this project together because he needs the Mac OS for his job and we wanted to build it ourselves. Anyways, we have 10.6.8 installed but we are having a little trouble in a couple of areas. We have working video and network, but for some reason we can't get the audio to work through multibeast and were wondering if anybody else could offer more insight. Also, the Chimera bootloader kernel panics every time, so we're still stuck on iBoot.

System is as follows:
Core i7 2600k
Asus P8Z68-v motherboard
8gb RAM @1600mhz
Radeon 6870 graphics card
Intel 510 SSD (windows drive)
western digital 2.5tb(media drive, partitioned several times)
Patriot Pyro 60gb SSD(mac drive)

So yeah if anybody has any good ideas about how to get the audio working that would be awesome. The last thing is that when we installed the USB 3.0 drivers from Multibeast 3.9.0, it actually just broke USB entirely and we're not quite sure how to undo that. Like the instant we plug in a USB drive we get kernel panic'd. Any and all information is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

I'm in exactly the same situation, I get kernel panic errors as soon as I install Multibeast so I'm stuck on iBoot too.

I also have the same problem with 10.6.8 and my processor shows as 1.37GHz Unknown when i currently have a 2600K i7 (((

i installed bridge helper but it's not working so far

how id you guys got your processors to work

help please i'm running super slow ((

Yanith: Bridge helper is outdated. Update helper is what you need, and as far as I know, it should be installed PRIOR to updating to 10.6.8.

But yeah, on topic, same motherboard, although pro version. No sound, kernel panic. I think MultiBeast needs a better UI, with drivers that are more card-centric, so that the noobs(us) don't have such a hard time, having to reinstall all the time :p

What i did to get into 10.6.7 was install a time machine backup from my previous systems. I dont remember which but, after 10.6.5 or 6 the computer started to get kernel panics before completing the installations. So I decided to try a backup restore, only after that i was able to get OS X 10.6.7 on this board. I have Audio using the ALC8xxHDA kext and the network using hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Kext.

not working are the Bluetooth,
Nots tested are the USB 3 and esata

what i dont like is that i dont have access to the full speed of the processor, and from the ram it only reads 4gb from 16gb i have in total (

It looks as though you've not read the installation instructions properly.

For starters, when installing for the first time, set BIOS/UEFI to recommended modes(In my case, the p8z68v-pro already had those settings set by default), remove all excessive RAM, leaving 4GB, and then install. First thing to launch after install: bridge helper. THEN the combo update, and install EVERYTHING you need from it before rebooting.

I've restarted the process about 5 times now, because I overlooked something, forgot something etc. Fixing something that's gone wrong is harder than just starting over again, I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back